Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Massachusetts trails

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took 5 min from this crazy week to give tuleman my carb,. He is going to take care of it for me.
Moose, I dont have any great skills . Iam just to stupid to be afraid and I have a heavy thumb.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moose, I dont have any great skills . Iam just to stupid to be afraid and I have a heavy thumb.

... and he knows we'll pull his *** out if he gets stuck or breaks something

Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
... and he knows we'll pull his *** out if he gets stuck or breaks something
After 2 yrs of hammering on that old ex I have never needed a tow ! Am I ever really "stuck" if there is someone to pull me out? There have been a few times I have been temporally immobile but never stuck.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
After 2 yrs of hammering on that old ex I have never needed a tow ! Am I ever really "stuck" if there is someone to pull me out? There have been a few times I have been temporally immobile but never stuck.
If you need someone else to pull you out or give you a push you are officially stuck. Got out in a mudhole that was pretty rutted up underneath. Got high centered and had tried sawing the steering and backing up and going forward. Was just about to give up when I saw one of my buddies with his camera to take a picture of me stuck. That was all I needed. I got all my weight (yes, it's lots) on one of the footwells and managed to get out jumping up and down on it. That was not stuck. The time I was in up to my racks in Maine and needed to use the winch, that was stuck. The general rule of thumb is you must get out of the mud without help from anybody and without winching. You haven't been bending the rules have you???

Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
. The general rule of thumb is you must get out of the mud without help from anybody and without winching. You haven't been bending the rules have you???
Not really, I have only had to be winched out 1 time and wilson and beergut had to help push and pull. Other than those 2 times I have been able to get out on my own buy just not giving up or just picking the rear end up and shifting it over a foot or so. Except for this one time tuleman & I almost lost both of our quads in a river.... We were going to meet cudavic for the first time (he thought we were retarded). Early spring lots of snow and lots of rain. Beavers made a dam and forced the brook to run down the tracks. That day it was more like a river. The water was moving so fast we were watching the water erode the tracks to the point where the rr ties were breaking free and floating down the river. I had no idea that the water was 3' deep and we went for it. I honestly tought we were going to loose both quads, we had no control and they were floating away and starting to under. The rr ties floating down the river were knocking us over . Some how we pulled both of them out after a few min. Pretty crazy stuff.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Not really, I have only had to be winched out 1 time and wilson and beergut had to help push and pull. Other than those 2 times I have been able to get out on my own buy just not giving up or just picking the rear end up and shifting it over a foot or so. Except for this one time tuleman & I almost lost both of our quads in a river.... We were going to meet cudavic for the first time (he thought we were retarded). Early spring lots of snow and lots of rain. Beavers made a dam and forced the brook to run down the tracks. That day it was more like a river. The water was moving so fast we were watching the water erode the tracks to the point where the rr ties were breaking free and floating down the river. I had no idea that the water was 3' deep and we went for it. I honestly tought we were going to loose both quads, we had no control and they were floating away and starting to under. The rr ties floating down the river were knocking us over . Some how we pulled both of them out after a few min. Pretty crazy stuff.

That's some crazy 'chit man! Lucky you didn't get swept away

Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Not really, I have only had to be winched out 1 time and wilson and beergut had to help push and pull. Other than those 2 times I have been able to get out on my own buy just not giving up or just picking the rear end up and shifting it over a foot or so.
If you need help you got stuck. Come on own up to it. Hmmm..... Now that I mention it a buddy of mine climbed onto the dumpbed of my X2 and the added weight got me out. Still a stuck in my mind. If you can get it out on your own without a winch it's not a stuck. So, I finally have figured out how a sporty rider can claim never being stuck in New England. They just have to change the meaning of "stuck". Kind of like Clinton asking what the meaning of is, is.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
If you need help you got stuck. Come on own up to it. Hmmm..... Now that I mention it a buddy of mine climbed onto the dumpbed of my X2 and the added weight got me out. Still a stuck in my mind. If you can get it out on your own without a winch it's not a stuck. So, I finally have figured out how a sporty rider can claim never being stuck in New England. They just have to change the meaning of "stuck". Kind of like Clinton asking what the meaning of is, is.
I have a harder time with rocks than with mud. Most of the time with mud hole I just try to go around, I know my limits. The first time at lmft with troy and wilson we had to go up this hill on the powerlines. It took me 3 tries to make it to the top because my swinger would get hung up on the rocks. I couldnt even roll back down the hill with out rocking it side to side to keep from getting hung up on the swinger.
ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community - wilson911's Album: LMFT with Troyboy, Jgar and Wilson - Picture

Old 05-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

JGAR follow me

Old 05-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I have a harder time with rocks than with mud. Most of the time with mud hole I just try to go around, I know my limits. The first time at lmft with troy and wilson we had to go up this hill on the powerlines. It took me 3 tries to make it to the top because my swinger would get hung up on the rocks. I couldnt even roll back down the hill with out rocking it side to side to keep from getting hung up on the swinger.
ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community - wilson911's Album: LMFT with Troyboy, Jgar and Wilson - Picture
Yup, I'd consider that stuck.

I liked the Kawaski Lakota 300 we had. It was great fun to toss it around. And, as you said, you could lift it up to get it out most stucks. We just got tired of pulling the 2wds out. There are so many trails that don't have a spot to go around that it wasn't worth keeping them. Now, if I lived out in the desert and dune country....

Quick Reply: Massachusetts trails