Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Massachusetts trails

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
yep- I always knew that- but where the trunk line crosses at S.E. Main ST. & RT. 96 (south st) in douglas, is where the douglas PD always park to grab atv'ers riding that trunk line. In the winter there's usually no problem but right now- I would not ride it around here- They are always grabbing dirt bikers & atv'ers on that trail because there's a lot of horses on it. I know one cop who uses his personal utv (it's red) to chase kids down that section through douglas... He's actually a decent guy- and if you stop and talk he's pretty cool about it, he got me coming down locust st a while back, I just stopped and he just said to wear a helmet and keep it off the road- but if you run and they catch you... bye bye atv
Yep,your right,i only rode it in the winter,it was dead except for the other atvs,and they were ice fishing, i know a trail that crosses over inside the Douglas state forest and brings you out on 16 Ma,on the other side of the state forest,big *** logging trail in there too,,also loops around and can bring you to Webster lake,i'll show you this winter,well if you guys want to MAKE a trail that connects around that swamp? let me know,i'll bring my saw.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Yep,your right,i only rode it in the winter,it was dead except for the other atvs,and they were ice fishing, i know a trail that crosses over inside the Douglas state forest and brings you out on 16 Ma,on the other side of the state forest,big *** logging trail in there too,,also loops around and can bring you to Webster lake,i'll show you this winter,well if you guys want to MAKE a trail that connects around that swamp? let me know,i'll bring my saw.
I was thinking of heading to that swamp on sunday with a small ax and maybe try to clear a small trail around...

Old 11-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Uh-oh. Troy making trails? Get ready to give that steering column a work-out.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by wilson911
Uh-oh. Troy making trails? Get ready to give that steering column a work-out.
Lol,my trails are for the expert riders only,,

Old 11-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
I was thinking of heading to that swamp on sunday with a small ax and maybe try to clear a small trail around...
is that swamp in Ma or RI?? this sundays no good for me.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

is that swamp in Ma or RI?? this sundays no good for me.

pretty sure it's mass-

you can see in the pic how the trail goes right into the water and disappears- I think it's about 4' - 5' deep and real mucky.

I've seen the grid trucks drive through that stuff like it's a tiny puddle with their huge 7' swamp tires- it was pretty cool.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Trailblazer

Sotto, by out of my comfort zone I meant by large rocks, deep thick mud, etc. I can bounce around smaller rocks (obviously cant crawl like you 4x4 guys), i've gone through water 2'+ deep without a problem, but if its gummy and stick, I wont make it thru. But the normal mud on a trail and stuff you see around here I can handle no problem. I havent personally been to LMFT, but it didnt sound like something really made for a sport quad.

Troyboy, I know that trail you're talking about that crosses over 16 in Douglas. I use all the trails in the state forest on my sled in the winter. Unfortunately, I dont think my EX will be hitting the deeper snow this winter.

Beergut, I hear ya on staying off the trunkline to be safe. But I dont mind taking my chances. I wont run if approached by a cop, Im on a stock exhaust, and I dont usually tear down the trail ripping through the powerband. Im a 3rd/4th gear & low rpm rider on there. Plus it helps Im registered and I have a cousin thats a Lt in the Environmental police.

As far as avoiding the swamp, I tried going down chestnut to the pipeline but you can see there is a rather large garden set up right on the road at the entrance of that. Looks like that owner got sick of people like you and I using that as a cut through. What I think you guys should do is cut a trail along Locust. if you go back to my link of that swap, right to the right of the green arrow there is a little dirt patch. From that point, it looks like someone might've tried to cut a trail, but it didnt make it too far. I never really got off my machine and explored though. But I think that would be a good tie in point from locust to there. Kinda like this:

Name:  trail.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  213.2 KB

On side note, how did you get from your backyard to the old Uxbridge Motorsports? The backside of the motorsports park is literally a 5 min ride from my house. Maybe I need to learn that route!

Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider

Speedex:

I have ridden that area with Beergut. It looked like there might be a go-around somewhere in there but its blocked off by concrete jersey barriers and tremendously overgrown.

That being said, we should all be careful about what we post here. All the places being mentioned are not legal riding areas and you never know who is going to see these maps (this thread has had over 25,000 hits!). Not trying to be a dick, just saying...Maybe PM's are a better way.

Also, you would love LMFT with a sport quad. Plenty of terrain, trails and pits for you. The rocks and mud you heard about are all easily avoidable.

See ya out there!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by speedeeEX

As far as avoiding the swamp, I tried going down chestnut to the pipeline but you can see there is a rather large garden set up right on the road at the entrance of that. Looks like that owner got sick of people like you and I using that as a cut through. What I think you guys should do is cut a trail along Locust. if you go back to my link of that swap, right to the right of the green arrow there is a little dirt patch. From that point, it looks like someone might've tried to cut a trail, but it didnt make it too far. I never really got off my machine and explored though. But I think that would be a good tie in point from locust to there. Kinda like this:

On side note, how did you get from your backyard to the old Uxbridge Motorsports? The backside of the motorsports park is literally a 5 min ride from my house. Maybe I need to learn that route!
That's exactly the path I was thinking of-
Before that area was flooded out (I think it was to keep atv & dirtbikes out) you could take that trail straight to the track on 146a- ever since they closed that track- there has been less atv & bikes in my area I noticed... But now they took away a decent riding area that a private owner let all the kids ride on and now the kids all ride the streets and pits so, not really a productive move- what did they think would happen?

The owner wanted to have people sign waivers- the town wanted him to carry insurance... and the locals didn't want the "dust" and noise of the 2-strokes so- bye bye track Funny thing is- it's not even a residential area- it's all industrial- 146a is a dumpy highway Maybe a couple of houses.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by speedeeEX
Sotto, by out of my comfort zone I meant by large rocks, deep thick mud, etc. I can bounce around smaller rocks (obviously cant crawl like you 4x4 guys), i've gone through water 2'+ deep without a problem, but if its gummy and stick, I wont make it thru. But the normal mud on a trail and stuff you see around here I can handle no problem. I havent personally been to LMFT, but it didnt sound like something really made for a sport quad.

Troyboy, I know that trail you're talking about that crosses over 16 in Douglas. I use all the trails in the state forest on my sled in the winter. Unfortunately, I dont think my EX will be hitting the deeper snow this winter.

Beergut, I hear ya on staying off the trunkline to be safe. But I dont mind taking my chances. I wont run if approached by a cop, Im on a stock exhaust, and I dont usually tear down the trail ripping through the powerband. Im a 3rd/4th gear & low rpm rider on there. Plus it helps Im registered and I have a cousin thats a Lt in the Environmental police.

Hey SpeedeeEX,maybe i can follow you around on your sled sometime this winter but before that i say we all get together and ride out to Franklin sometime soon

Quick Reply: Massachusetts trails