Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Conn. sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently moved to this state and have found that it is not ATV freindly.One day I'll move back to PA. and be able to ride free once again.No registration,no taxes,just open farm land(with owners permission of course)and countless dirt roads.

Old 02-21-2001, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the great state of CT! (heavy sarcasm)

There are a few places to ride ATV’s in CT, but they are either illegal and patrolled or private and controlled. The places that are illegal may not be worth the time, effort and risk to ride. The ones that are private are very secret. Once word gets out that there is a place to ride, everyone shows up and the owner gets upset.

Depending on what type of riding you prefer, there are some options around but in the neighboring states.

For MX type riding, there is a race series, and a few practice tracks popping up. Both the races and tracks are NOT in CT, but within a few hours drive.

For trials, where it be 4x4 or sporty trail riding, you can venture into Western Mass. Get a MA registration and your all set to LEGALLY ride the trails.

But for CT, either suck it up and travel like the rest of us out of state (heck I went to Jack Frost in PA) or ride looking over your shoulder.

Old 02-22-2001, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks lasher.I didn't mean to upset anyone who likes it here.I'm sure there are people that think this is a good state and it might be.It is just not for me.Now your wondering why I'm here and just don't move home?I'm married and my wife works in harford.Anyway could you leave me a line on how to get a hold of you? Maybe we can ride sometime.I'm going down to Pa march 17 to ride,be glad to invite you.
thanks for understanding my situtation.

Old 02-22-2001, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

You can send me an email at:

michael_lasher@snet.net

While CT does not have legal public riding, it is a small state. I used to be able to ride out my backyard to a sand pit, but that was shut down. Now I am just used to making a trip of riding.

Kind of sucks, but now I make a big deal about the trip. Group of us go to Eagle Bridge NY and bring a little grill and ride all day. Miss the hour or so rides after work, but now I look forward to the big day rides.

Here are the sites for the only two practice tracks close to me

Eagle Bridge www.ebmx.net
About 2.5 hours each way. Two tracks, high speed natural terrain and smaller jump filled track. Fairly new and growing each year.

Uxbridge MA www.uxbridgemsp.com
Driving time should be a little over an hour. Have not been there yet, new to quads this year. Only on Mondays. Will be going to this track within the next month.

What quad do you have and type of riding do you enjoy?

Old 02-22-2001, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Another state that I can cross off of the list and not move to.

Old 02-22-2001, 04:20 PM
Range Rover

I understand where you are coming from, my home state, will get back there soon, has 100s of miles of trails.

I am alow looking for riding partners. Have trailer so I can travel. I do most of my riding in PA with LVATVA, have been to VA as well. It is not fun riding alone so if you need a partner let me know and we can hook up some time.

My preference is trail riding, of course with a King even if I wanted to ride real fast it might be difficult. You can always go ahead and I will be along to pull you out when you get stuck.

Old 02-22-2001, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

rustyjones and lasher, i am from torrington, ct and have gone all out this past year with my 3 boys and some friends in getting into quadding. of course, AFTER we bought everything we found out we cant ride in CT!! we go to mass. now and love it, but we want to go to a big rally or jamboree and i heard there is one in PA. Do u guys have any info on it or know of any others? please e-mail me at jjjmt@snet.net or leave me your e-mail here...maybe we can ride sometime in mass. october mt. or pittsfield, sometimes otis. cya!

Old 02-22-2001, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Right now my quad is set up for racing MX. Trails are pretty much out of the question.

I have way too much money and time to have a rock or tree break something. Especially with 12 races this season.

I have been to the trails in Oct Mt. Too rocky for me. But they were fun.

If you anyone is interested in day trips to the practice tracks let me know. The more the merrier!

The big trail thing in PA is called the Cochranton (sp?). I think there are posts in this section about it.

Old 02-23-2001, 09:48 AM
Range Rover

Hey I have a question Lasher? On those tracks, can bikes and quads ride at the same time. I have 1 250R, and my brother has a YZ. It would be great to know... Thanks

Old 02-23-2001, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I am not sure about Uxbridge. I know that bikes are allowed there, but quads are only allowed on Monday. If the bikes are allowed on Monday with the quads, I am not sure. Have not been there yet.

Eagle Bridge, yes.
Jack Frost, yes.

The trip from the Worchester area is about 3 hours to Eagle Bridge, so you can gauge your trip. I am pretty sure that a bunch of us will be heading out to Eagle Bridge real soon. I think they open on April 1, but our first race is April 15th. So some practice time is needed. Our last trip to Eagle Bridge, a friend with a bike tagged along. I think Eagle Bridge will also have a hair scramble couse built this year. Worth the drive for riding all day.

Jack Frost is the cream of the crop. But a must stay over. For me (half way between Waterbury and Hartford) the drive was a little under 4 hours. But enough to ride there for two days of fun. I am sure later in the summer we will plan a trip. Possible during the week (take time off) so it is not that crowded.

Are you planning on racing your 250R?

Quick Reply: Conn. sucks