Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Maine where to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maine where to ride?

looking for info on where to ride near Ellsworth, Bucksport or Orland ME. My buddy owns land up there & we want to use our Quads when we go. any info will help.... thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

I believe that you'd be wanting to ride the Sunset trail system. Theres also a new partially completed rail trail in Machias. I know that you can get on the trail system in Cherryfield, and Beddington, but where else, I'm not sure. Done some of those trails a few years back. Check out this link for an idea of some of the trails: ACADIA AREA ATV'ERS - Meetings/Rides/Trailwork

Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 PM

We just got back from the Airline Snack Bar Inn in Beddington. The hosts Frank and Maryanne were awesome and made you feel like you really lived right there. The trails were great and well marked. Would go back in a minute. Tom Bentley

Old 09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Question Where to ride within 1- 1 1/2 hrs from portland,me.

Does anyone know where to ride close to portland,Me. Maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hrs away. An address to use on my GPS would be helpful. I need someplace to park my trailer and ride from there.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

We got a sweet trail system here in fairfield.. bout 40+ miles round trip and its all nice and groomed!! We are going this sunday!! Leave me a msg or post here if your interested.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:23 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit6666
We got a sweet trail system here in fairfield.. bout 40+ miles round trip and its all nice and groomed!! We are going this sunday!! Leave me a msg or post here if your interested.

hey unit- know of any motels with trails access in the beddington area?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

I am going to Maine in July and I was wandering if the trail maps are gps marked? Thinking about purchasing a gps...

Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

I believe some clubs trail maps are GPS marked, but not all. It's all about whether individual clubs have done this or not. I would say a GPS would be a good investment though, it can be helpful when sometimes the signs for trails are missing, or knowing what road you are crossing if it hasn't been marked by a sign.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I honestly haven't seen a single trail map in Maine with GPS coordinates on it. I've ridden a lot of Southern Maine and the trails that radiate out from Jackman. It's a good idea to have a GPS if just for the track that you can follow back. We did a ride from Waterboro to 1/2 way up the Western shore of Sebago Lake. To put it mildly, we drove back in the dark. It was nice to have the track back feature because everything changes when the sun goes down. I had it zoomed in quite a bit so I could tell if I had just gone by the trail I needed to take to get us back to the truck. Very handy. It would have taken us hours more to get back inching along.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have a maine atv trip coming up- moosehead lake area- heading up for 3 days.
I bought a gps for the exact reason moose was talking about, the track-back feature. It's peace of mind when you're down to 1/4 tank of gas and still 20 miles away from your truck in an unknown area.

Quick Reply: Maine where to ride?