Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Mud Creek, Texas.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Creek, Texas.

Just had to give Mud Creek in Texas some time here. This is our regular riding park and we have several to choose from. Its 3500 acres with everything you could ask for, espicially mud. Every year and this is our third, it continues to improve. One of the best things about this park is the owner Kerry, what a guy. Always willing to help and assist us, extremly friendly and understands we make his living. The camping facilities continue to improve, not that they were ever bad. My family and two other were there for several days through New Years, our third New Years. We did have a problem with a Pipeline welder playing his so called country music way to loud at 3 am, when ask to turn it down he stated he didn't have to. That this was his big vacation and he could do whatever he wanted. I just dealt with it and talk to Kerry in the morning. He handled it very well and didn't have to much more loud musice the rest of the weekend. Now Im not trying to cut down welders by any means here, fact is many of my closet friends are welders so don't bash me, loud music guy stated he was a pipliner. But why do people do this, never amazes me that loud music after 10 pm continues. Generally when it does all you have to do is ask and they are more than willing to turn down ,the little napolian(sp) guy was an ___hole. Sorry for the rant but I really enjoy Mud Creek and don't want these types of folks messing it up. And if your wondering Kerry or anyone from mud creek did not ask me to post this.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

I rode Mud Creek with my son and my brother over Thanksgiving, it being my third time to ride there. It is indeed a great place to ride...lots of mud, and lots of interesting trails. Just a little south of Frankston, it's only about 30 minutes from my folks house in Tyler. The downside is that it was sad to see so many folks riding without helmets (and even sadder to see so many kids riding without helmets) and the multitude of beer cans thrown everywhere really took away from the scenic beauty of the place.

Your story about the jackass playing the music at 3 a.m. is the EXACT reason I don't camp out at otherwise perfectly good camping spots....the total lack of consideration shown by one ashhole (sorry, can't think of a substitute word that fits the same) ruins it for all of the rest of us. When does he think the rest of us get any sleep? It makes you wish for someone with an unmuffled Banshee to warm up for an early morning ride right next to his tent.

Mud Run definitely deserves some props for being a great place to ride...unfortunately, what is popular will attract the inconsiderate and irresponsible trash of our society as well, and there's not much to do about it other than wait for the landowners and/or their neighbors to get tired of the noise, litter, land abuse, and bullsh!t and close the place down

Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hey roadlawyer, sorry for the delay in responding. Your right about the beer cans, I've often thought someone could pick up enough cans to buy a good ATV. And your right about the ********(good word). Im not sure when but Mud Creek will become a lake sometime in the not to distance future so reide while you can. Its been talked about for years and would make a good location but I hate to lose the park. W'll go back but probably generate on the hill, great view of the valley.