Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in Maine

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in Maine

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever ridden in Maine. I see that they have over 5000 miles of trails but they are taken care of by 100 or so different clubs. I've been thinking of going up there and I was wondering how it was and how connected all these miles and miles of trails are. It doesn't seem like there are any good maps. Certainly would not want to get lost in Maine, you could be hours from anything. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider

Hi,ya im curious about the Maine trails to,they look like fun! ive been pricing the land out there too, 50-100acres from 35k to 100k,buy your own trails lol.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Hi,ya im curious about the Maine trails to,they look like fun! ive been pricing the land out there too, 50-100acres from 35k to 100k,buy your own trails lol.
I can speak for the western mountains as I have been on most of the trails in that area. The areas I am referring to are Bingham, The Forks, Jackman, Greenville and Rockwood. To me the Jackman trails of the names I have mentioned are the best. Well marked with a nice mix of terrain. Most of the terrain is easy going in that area. We did a five night ATV adventure this past fall which started in Bingham and ended in Bingham going through The Forks, Jackman, Rockwood and Greenvile. Great trip but there is a lot of planning. When you are traveling by ATV for 5 days you need to make sure you have thought everything out. There are a couple of good maps of that area. Some of the connecting trails are slow going but nothing major. If you like remoteness this would be a good choice. If you have specifc questions about that are let me know.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by SageBoy
I can speak for the western mountains as I have been on most of the trails in that area. The areas I am referring to are Bingham, The Forks, Jackman, Greenville and Rockwood. To me the Jackman trails of the names I have mentioned are the best. Well marked with a nice mix of terrain. Most of the terrain is easy going in that area. We did a five night ATV adventure this past fall which started in Bingham and ended in Bingham going through The Forks, Jackman, Rockwood and Greenvile. Great trip but there is a lot of planning. When you are traveling by ATV for 5 days you need to make sure you have thought everything out. There are a couple of good maps of that area. Some of the connecting trails are slow going but nothing major. If you like remoteness this would be a good choice. If you have specifc questions about that are let me know.
Sounds really nice,i'll head up there this spring with a buddy or two,we'll check everything out and have you be our trail guide if ya like,, i did notice up in northern Maine in Aroostock county the land is pretty cheap,have you ever rode up there? i hear you can go into Canada too.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds really nice,i'll head up there this spring with a buddy or two,we'll check everything out and have you be our trail guide if ya like,, i did notice up in northern Maine in Aroostock county the land is pretty cheap,have you ever rode up there? i hear you can go into Canada too.
I have never been on th trails up in Northern Maine but is an area I am researching now. I have an up to date trail map of the area and from what I can tell there is for sure a ton of trails. From that specific area there appears to be quite a few broder crossings. You can also get to the border from the Jackman area as well which we have done a few times. Never went accross but were close 1 time....ooooops!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have never been on th trails up in Northern Maine but is an area I am researching now. I have an up to date trail map of the area and from what I can tell there is for sure a ton of trails. From that specific area there appears to be quite a few broder crossings. You can also get to the border from the Jackman area as well which we have done a few times. Never went accross but were close 1 time....ooooops!!!
Ive been checking out Jackman area,i like it out there also, basically im looking for anywhere between 10 acres(with some kind of descent cabin or small house) to around 50 plus acres that connect or are very close to those famous trails,,let me know if you find any,im not sure if you live outthere? but im deffinatley gonna go up there so i'll keep in touch,thanks.
Troy

Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

Ive been checking out Jackman area,i like it out there also, basically im looking for anywhere between 10 acres(with some kind of descent cabin or small house) to around 50 plus acres that connect or are very close to those famous trails,,let me know if you find any,im not sure if you live outthere? but im deffinatley gonna go up there so i'll keep in touch,thanks.
Troy
I live in MA so I don't keep up with what's for sale. Having said that I do know there is quite a bit for sale in that part of Maine.

Trending Topics

Old 02-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider

I live in MA so I don't keep up with what's for sale. Having said that I do know there is quite a bit for sale in that part of Maine.
Yes,Maine is loaded with land and cabins for a cheap price,i think im gonna hook up with a realtor up there,, where abouts in Ma are you from? i have alot of trails in my area to,im very close to Douglas Ma,and actually R.I,, i cruise with Beergut,hes on this site too,,check out my albums.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

Yes,Maine is loaded with land and cabins for a cheap price,i think im gonna hook up with a realtor up there,, where abouts in Ma are you from? i have alot of trails in my area to,im very close to Douglas Ma,and actually R.I,, i cruise with Beergut,hes on this site too,,check out my albums.
I live in Millbury. I've actually been to Beergut's house. He allowed my wife and I to park at his house so I could get the wife use to riding the ATV. His house is about 25 minutes from my house. Pretty neat swing he has rigged up in his yard. If you guys are planning a ride let me know.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Pro Rider

I live in Millbury. I've actually been to Beergut's house. He allowed my wife and I to park at his house so I could get the wife use to riding the ATV. His house is about 25 minutes from my house. Pretty neat swing he has rigged up in his yard. If you guys are planning a ride let me know.
Oh,no kidding,,ya im about 15 min from him,i actually found a trail that connects to his trail,gotta cross over a few roads though,, but the trails are nice,they go for miles and the pwer lines are awesome,, i'll let you know when our next ride will be ttys.

Quick Reply: Riding in Maine