Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Almost spring- who want's to plan a Maine ride?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010 | 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds good Mike,keep me posted, heck i'll just follow you up there.

Old 03-22-2010 | 04:59 AM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

I think we should aim for the sebago, me trails- I talked to a few guys who said those trails are pretty nice, and connect you to the state trail network- sebago is only about 160 miles from worcester. I'll search for a public staging area close to a motel...

Old 03-22-2010 | 05:19 AM
Pro Rider

160 miles from Worcester? crap,thats pretty close,sounds good.

Old 03-24-2010 | 08:35 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally Posted by beergut
hell- I've driven 10 hours just to look at an atv

I'm thinking friday april 30th - sunday May 2nd....?

Maine or NH is fine with me- we'll pick a spot once we get the date thing all set. is everyone good on that date?
just giving a heads up to make sure you guys and check w/ the locals some how to make sure the trails arent still posted for mud season. downeast always usually drops thier posters earlier then most of the state and w/not much snow/rain this year it might be real early. just my

Old 03-24-2010 | 08:52 AM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

just giving a heads up to make sure you guys and check w/ the locals some how to make sure the trails arent still posted for mud season. downeast always usually drops thier posters earlier then most of the state and w/not much snow/rain this year it might be real early. just my
stendori- I see you're from Me- you know of any public staging areas around sebago?

Old 03-24-2010 | 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

I'm 45 min north of Bangor and most of the trails still have a good bit of snow.....maybe a bit much for forurwheelers....the powerlines up here are opening up good, but you'll definately want to bring a friend with big tires and a big winch!

But I could be in Calais in under 2 hrs.....I love the HighTower, BTW!!!

Old 03-24-2010 | 03:43 PM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I just downloaded a map of the maine atv trails- I talked to a woman at the maine rec dept who said the trails should be all set by early may- and I spoke to a few guys who have already been riding up there this season. Lots of great info for local riding at www.atvalliance.com in their forum / new england section

here's the link for the 2010 maine atv trail map- http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/progr...-SOMATVMap.pdf

I just bought a set of 27" mudlites xtr- for my 14" rims- looking nice!

Old 03-24-2010 | 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey mike,why dont we just move up there!! just imagine all the riding we could do.

Old 03-24-2010 | 06:01 PM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Hey mike,why dont we just move up there!! just imagine all the riding we could do.
ya- I'd love to move to maine and get out of this liberal sh*tty state where everyone wants to make my business their business- but I have family obligations here. maybe some day- until then, I'll be trailering...

Old 03-24-2010 | 06:50 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

ya guys that sounds about right on the time table. that area is pretty far from myself in the newport area. there is a staging area there but you can ride 32 miles on rr bed. i've never done it myself(only went to lagrange) but was told you can hit millnocter area from my area but the lack of gas was an issue to go any further then we did. got to have good gas tanks w/ ya. a good part of this trail is rough to smooth rr beds so a good mix.

Quick Reply: Almost spring- who want's to plan a Maine ride?