Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about 10:00 am?

Who's in?

Roadie, that will give you enough time to stop and pick up a reg. That general store at the four corners you pass in just before LMFT will help you with that.

Moose: Your trailer will fit just fine. The notice they put on their website is for the old parking area. Off to the side of the power lines has plenty of room. I PM'd you my cell number.

Post up if your riding so we wait for ya!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

10 am sounds good. I'll leave here around 7:30 or so to get up there for 10. I took the cap off so I can just load the X2 in the back and get better gas mileage. It's easier to move around that way too. 12' trailer, crew cab with 7' bed, and trailer tongue mean almost 38+ feet of truck and trailer.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Great ride today. Amazing weather....maybe the nicest day of the year!

We started at LMFT. MEt up with Moose and Roadie. Did about 25 miles then packed it up. Moose wasnt feeling well. It was good to meet you Moose, hope youre feeling better next time!

So, Roadie and I headed over to Pisgah. This place was a lot of fun. We did over 40 miles there and still had plenty more areas we want to explore next time. Plenty of variety there from dirt roads for beginners to the craziest/rockiest dead-end trail Roadie led us on! Cannot wait to go back there. Its only ten minutes from LMFTand the riding is completely different.

But you'll have to take my word...nobody took a single picture (not even Mrs. Roadie!) So lets plan another trip up there sometime!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Range Rover

Kevin

Thats great about Pisgah. Heading up there tomorrow with my girls (8,11) and hoping to have a great time as well. Are the trails well marked or did you just got off between the trees :-)? When we go up tomorrow I will be taking pics. Looking forward to it and glad you went up first to give me an idea of how it was :-). How was parking? I plan of finding the lot off 119.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Smartdave
Kevin

Thats great about Pisgah. Heading up there tomorrow with my girls (8,11) and hoping to have a great time as well. Are the trails well marked or did you just got off between the trees :-)? When we go up tomorrow I will be taking pics. Looking forward to it and glad you went up first to give me an idea of how it was :-). How was parking? I plan of finding the lot off 119.
  • Parking is easy to find. It is a large dirt lot on the right of Rt. 119 just past the center of Ashuelot (if you are heading west). You cannot miss it.
  • Trails are pretty easy to navigate, when leaving the lot you will head up a fairly steep trail. Follow this for half a mile until you get to the dirt roads more suitable for beginners. Its a little rough but, not too far. Your girls should be able to make this with help from dad...
  • When you get to the main trails, take a left. Follow that to a gate then up a twisty road and you will come out at a great spot for lunch right by the lake. It might seem a little steep but the road is very smooth, even paved in some spots. Should be doable for a very young beginner. And its only a couple of miles from your car, so its the perfect trip.
  • Make sure to keep your girls to the right. Cars can travel some of these roads, so you migh meet a car.
Overall, as long as you make it to the dirt roads, and stay off the power lines you should have a good trip.

Good luck

Old 07-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Had a great time have to get back there again. Some nice trails there

Old 07-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would like to check that place out sometime.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the advice. Look for a trip update tomorrow night

Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by wilson911

Its only ten minutes from LMFTand the riding is completely different.
It was a beautiful day! Glad to hear about Pisgah being a good ride and not too much farther. Looking forward to checking it out now

Old 07-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Pro Rider

We also had a great day! did 52 miles on mostly rocks/roots/woops, we all were pretty beat after that ride.

Deff have to check out Piscagh! had no idea it was that close to LMFT.

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH