Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Let's get a ride to Tasker's Gap in VA

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-1999, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, am I glad to hear that access to Tasker's Gap is still public! I think that means that even I can go there!

Whhhhhhhhooooooooooooo!

Its gonna be a blast!

Old 11-21-1999, 06:00 PM
Range Rover

Tree Farmer

I did indeed take your original reply to me as an affront on my/our abilities. I reacted swiftly and rashly. For that I apologize. You posted valuable information in your reply to my very first foray into this forum. It helped in my decision to purchase my KQ 300. For that I thank you.

I understand you and your friends help maintain the Taskers Gap trail system. From what I can glean from various web sources, you all are to be commended for that. I am positive it is a fun and rewarding system to ride. Heck, I wouldn't be inquiring about it if I didn't think so. But the gist of our concern is 'saddle time'. I would love to join the ride this weekend, if for nothing more than to meet some of the fine folk from this forum. But if I did, I would become a resident of Tasker Gap as my wife would send my belongings after me posthaste. (Maybe)

For the record, I am neither as experienced as you, nor am I an expert in anything. Just an over-aged kid havin' some fun.

I close by extending an olive branch.

Old 11-21-1999, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Does that mean I can still go?

Old 11-22-1999, 11:08 AM
Range Rover

I am ready to go! But when should we leave Friday morning or Saturday? I am trying to talk a pretty good size group into going to VA instead of Brown Mnt. I can get around all of the trails at Brown in just over two hours, so I don't want to go up there again so soon. I can't wait to get on Tasker's Gap Trails it's been 7 years since I have lived up there and rode on the trails so I am pretty excited. Jim, if we are going to the camp ground by the ranger tower do we turn at the road next to the older shopping center and head straight back towards the hills? What has the temperatures been like lately?

Steve

Old 11-22-1999, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Steve,

As you know, my many duties as President and Treasurer of S.A.D. (Stop All Development) make it difficult to get away for such excursions as this Taskers Gap ride. However, as a man of the people, I find it my duty to get out occasionally and mingle with our fellow ATVers, to feel their pain.

Thus, whether it is Friday, or Saturday that we begin this expedition is of no consequence to me. Duty calls.

kclayd

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 11-22-1999).]

Old 11-22-1999, 04:23 PM
Range Rover

Yes!! We will get to have the president of S.A.D. join us at Tasker's Gap, this will be a great treat. I can't wait to hear S.A.D.'s plans for the new year. I cannot stand when people walk down my trails and say OHHH this would make a great road and my house would look soooo good sitting where that well used campsite is. I think we should maybe get a started on the expedition and arrive early around midday on Friday in case alot of people want to meet you and hear your mighty words! A friday night ride might be nice!!! Hopefully we can have a guided tour of the beautiful Shannondoha (sp? that's a hard one) valley from one of the very experienced local riders. See ya soon,

Steve

Old 11-22-1999, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

President and TREASURER.

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 11-22-1999).]

Old 11-23-1999, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

I hope you guys have a blast! Wish I could be joining ya.

Ride on, but more importantly, ride back!

[This message has been edited by SCman (edited 11-24-1999).]

Old 11-23-1999, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

Never been to Taskers GAp but I was thinking of coming over for the ride on saturday. I would be coming by way of Oakland MD. and would appreciate any info. on the roads from those who might be familiar with them. I was thinking of coming Rt. 50 to down Rt.220 and across on Rt.55 or maybe Rt. 259 to Rt.59. How are the roads? Would I be better to go up to Rt. 68 and down 522 or 81? Any help would be appreciated. Either way, hope to see ya on Saturday.
Sneeky

------------------

Old 11-23-1999, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Look forwards to seeing you, Sneaky Peete.

SCman, we'll get together for another ride. Don't let anyone on the board drive you off! What you say is true, but really they are pretty funny. Sometimes, I think we take others too seriously (They're SO SAD!).

I want you to at least keep posting under the "Where to Ride" topic, and especially "Where in North Carolina." I really enjoyed your articles about Telico. They were the best I have read about any trail or ORV. Thanks!

Hope to see you, soon!
Clay

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 11-23-1999).]

Quick Reply: Let's get a ride to Tasker's Gap in VA