Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Just got back from Jackman, Maine

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh hell yeah 2x4 all day i didnt put my Rincon in 4x4 all day i don't really dig the trails that are so bad you actually need 4x4.. Yeah you can goto greenville now on the corrina loop trail when you get to the restaraunt out there the trail is right behind it.. yeah I'd love to meet up and go riding sometime. Maybe Sled can get us some cheap LOBSTAHS!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hi guys,question,,are all these Its trails for Atvs or only snow sleds? im finding land for sale with access to Its trails,,but i only have the Atv(for now) thanks.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Not all ITS trails are legal for atv use i believe.. but the ones in Newport seem to be.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by unit6666
Not all ITS trails are legal for atv use i believe.. but the ones in Newport seem to be.
Ya i heard you could get in big trouble riding on the snowsled trails i found some nice lots in Palmyra and Saint Albans,ever hear of them?.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Hi guys,question,,are all these Its trails for Atvs or only snow sleds? im finding land for sale with access to Its trails,,but i only have the Atv(for now) thanks.
the ones that are atv friendly are clearly marked with a pic of a green atv,the ones restricted have the atv with the red circle with the line through it

Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

Hey mini i was up there on the 4th maybe I saw you LOL did you unload in newport? We went and ate at that restaraunt in corinth.. wierd town you can't buy booze there LOL I didnt even know that still existed. I was on the corrina loop then decided to go into that trail behind the restaraunt and got so lost it was nuts I almost just laid down on this guys lawn and waited for the choppers to save me hehehehe but seriously be careful out there guys after this trip I got a delorme pn40 gps so this won't happen again!
no I didnt unload in newport I'm able to ride from my lot through some trails and roads to get to the railbed at the line rd intersection. I know the resturant you mean by the wooden bridge over the stream, never knew there was another trail behind it. I took a ride on the trails in harmony last year and got lost drove for an hour trying to get back and ended up right back where I lost my direction, finally found my way out and ya thats when I bought my garmin 76csx and started carrying extra gas, live and learn lol.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey if any of you guys are looking for GPS stuff my best friend GREG manages the MAP store at Delorme in Yarmouth Maine. He also goes riding alot so he gets what we need PEACE!
Hey unit...I live right outside of Yarmouth....Wonder if Greg would want to ride sometime. We have a small group that goes out a couple times a week. Always looking for new people to ride with. I've been in the map store multiple times and looked at the GPS there. Might have met him before. Let him know....would like to chat.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

greg is actually my neighbor he lives here in waterville with me.. you guys should come up here sometimes we have a pretty sweet trail system about 50 miles total but its all nice stuff no muck holes!!!! well maybe a couple tiny holes than can be avoided. The atv club here just did a bunch of maintainence new bridges,fixed muddy holes, widened some spots its a good ride!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

were is a good place to stay in waterville maine that you can leave from with your atv

Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimcb
were is a good place to stay in waterville maine that you can leave from with your atv
we stayed in greenville at the moosehead inn- trails right in the back of the motel-

me & wilson911 & bob did the 185 mile loop in one day!!!
from greenville, south to the forks, up north through the west forks, up to jackman, west over to rockwood then south down past moosehead and back into greenville- it was a long friggin day! saw a couple big moose and lots of deer. We left at 8am and returned at 11pm pretty frozen, wet and very hungry! The trails are marked pretty well (but not all of'em! - but some of the ITS trails are sled only and are flooded out- no big deal though- plenty of atv trails.

just about every hotel / motel has trail access in that area.
a couple I remember passing on the atv were the "Inn By The River" at the forks, "John's Four Season" near jackman, "Northern Outdoors Lodge" down near the forks, "C.Moxie Gore Outfitters", "North Country Rivers"

Like I said- just about all the Inn's up there have direct trail access and most offer atv rentals.

Quick Reply: Just got back from Jackman, Maine