Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone riding in Lockport or Joliet, Illinois areas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure where some are going...lots of fields out here.

Thanks

Old 03-08-2001, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Don't know of any Lockport trails, I know of some just south of joliet. What is your age and what do you ride?

Old 03-08-2001, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

2fiftyX,

Don't have anything yet...looking to get a Yamaha Warrior or Rapator. I live right near the proposed 355 extension, and seems to be some riders out there. Just wanted to know if there was anything more legal out there. I'm 29...

Old 03-08-2001, 09:14 PM
Range Rover

Nothing is legal in Illinois, unless it's on private land. The state does not have an ATV area near there.

Check out

http://dnr.state.il.us/legislation/consrv/offhwy.htm

Old 03-08-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Just thought it was cool to see someone from Lockport on here. My dad used to live there before he moved back here to Texas. My dad used to live by some forest preserve and we rode in the edge of that, although I guess you can't anymore. His boss owned a big scrap yard type deal where everyone dropped old cars at, there were some railroad tracks and a canal that ran behind the place. it was cool to ride at but a little dangerous. He made a track out there but i'm not sure if they still let anyone out there now. Later.

Jen

Old 03-08-2001, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jennifer,

I know exactly where you're talking about. The big scrap yards with junk cars is still out there off of Rt. 83. Grew-up near there when I was younger. A lot of forest preserves out there still too. Not too much has changed in that area over the last 20 years. Just a lot more traffic going down that road now.

Old 03-09-2001, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

aaworm,
I'm a Honda man myself but the raptor could turn out to be a good machine. I will be heading out to the Joliet motocross track this year and hopefully get in a few races and I know of a few trails over here on the south side. I am trying to get to Little Sahara, OK in a few weeks and will be hitting the Badlands in Indiana and Silver Lake in Michigan.

If or when you get a quad let me know and we can hit some trails. My friend has just bought a web page "Illinois ATV.com" (not up yet) and we may be starting an atv group. So keep in touch. BTW I'm 24.

Old 03-09-2001, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

I go to the Badlands all the time, probably go either Sat or Sun 3/10 3/11. Let me know when you plan to go there, we can meet up.

Old 03-11-2001, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is a place in Clarksville Il.... they only have about 15 miles of trails, but some of them are pretty tough riding.......you can email me for directions.
bvester@advant.net

Old 03-11-2001, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

When are you going to Little Sahara? We are going for Easter weekend, and we're looking to make the group as big as possible. Let em know.

Quick Reply: Anyone riding in Lockport or Joliet, Illinois areas?