Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any places to ride in IL or near Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-1999, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of any places to ride near Chicago or in or around IL? Hunting season is over now and I have no place to ride.

Old 12-29-1999, 10:02 AM
Trailblazer

I live in Du Page county. Ottawa area ATv trails are closed for ATV/see Bent6 post/, Illinois is a lost case. Chicagoland, forget it. But maybe there is a hope.Maybe we should get together and do something.
Who sits on all those board, who are all those commissioners everywhere??Old geezers
who have no idea what is going on, stiff brains with obsolete ideas. They need to be pushed to do anything.
This is how it works.
I have 2 Doberman Pinchers. They love and need to run. But there's a leash law here.
There's also a huge Forest Preserve here and cops enforcing the law. To make the story short,I've got a ticket?/$75/ for not having the dogs on the leash.. Since there's no
dog excercise area /dogs must be kept on the leash all the time in public place/, my wife collected about 700 signatures, got together with another lady, attended several
county forest preserve meetings ....... and the result? The county will build 2/ fenced, rest area type/ dog excercise areas. One is completed,will be open for public in spring 2000. It was pretty expensive ticket...for the county.
All I was going to say.. People c a n
make a difference. J.C

Old 12-29-1999, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was in Rich's Yamaha last night picking up my winch for my ATV. There is a club/grooup that is circulating a petition to open up some of the trails to ATV use. It seems unfair that the only place we can use our ATV's is on private property.

Illinois is an anti outdoor sportsman state. All of the regulatios covering all of the public lands seem to be slanted one way.

I would be interested in doing what ever I can to help to change that. I'll see if I can get the address/phone for that group in Joliet for you. Email me for the info as I wouldn't wantto post it.