Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield McCoy Trail gatherings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hatfield McCoy Trail gatherings?

I was just wondering how many people here would be willing to have like a meet and ride at H&M a few times a year. say around April, June, August, and October time frames?

Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'd seriously consider blowing a week vacation there but not more than once per year.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

I'd be interested in that,,i deff want to go there,thats atv heaven for sure!

Old 03-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Range Rover

awesome, lets try to narrow down some dates, this could be an epic trip if done right.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

I'd be most tempted to try it after the summer's heat is passed... Maybe September or October...

What do you think Troy ?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:51 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Great Idea

This is a great idea for sure...I would not want to be the person in charge of doing the planning! It is frustrating to try to plan a trip (lodging, transportation, dining, etc.) with a small group who can chat on the phone. I cant imagine trying to get an actual number of people to either commit or sit it out over the internet and with a large group! We put in over 400 miles at Hatfield McCoy last summer-it is awesome indeed, but the only way I think that you would ever be able to pull off a large group ride would be set a date, let everyone plan their own lodging, and their own transportation to get there, and then plan a time and place for everyone to meet up at some point!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mudslinger2
This is a great idea for sure...I would not want to be the person in charge of doing the planning! It is frustrating to try to plan a trip (lodging, transportation, dining, etc.) with a small group who can chat on the phone. I cant imagine trying to get an actual number of people to either commit or sit it out over the internet and with a large group! We put in over 400 miles at Hatfield McCoy last summer-it is awesome indeed, but the only way I think that you would ever be able to pull off a large group ride would be set a date, let everyone plan their own lodging, and their own transportation to get there, and then plan a time and place for everyone to meet up at some point!
That's exactly how I'm thinking of it. I'd rely on setting up some firm plans with our local group (carpool, lodging, etc) but as far as meeting with a large number of people it would be great if it works out and if not I'll still ride with my buddies for the week...

Old 03-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Range Rover

Thats actually what I had in mind, I know some want to camp, some have cabins, hotels, etc, so yea, it would just be "hey lets meet on X at trailhead Y at whatever time" type thing.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

We have 4 confirmed for the last week in April. Planning is not bad getting everyone on the same page was a treat. Picked a week and went for it, 2 to start 3rd jumped on board with the 4th shortly after. Still have 3 or 4 on the fence, told them where we are staying if interested or we can meet up. 4 guys 1 truck and trailer, helps on gas coming down from MA.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

were goin down to h&m the 19 to the 26. 6 of us going

Quick Reply: Hatfield McCoy Trail gatherings?