Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SE Oklahoma (Beavers Bend)Need Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard this place has bout 400,000 acres to ride and it only costs 25 bucks for a year round pass...If anyone knows what type of Terrain this place place has or if it is all hardpacked or rocky trails that will wear my vamps out.....all info is appreciated
Also if u know of a web site with maps or anything bout this place would be helpful

Old 01-11-2000, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Come on someone has to know somethin bout this place

Old 01-11-2000, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard about that place too... but I can't seem to get any RELIABLE info.. from one person I talked to, you can ride that.. then from somebody else, I heard they shut it down because of erosion. I also heard they shut down part of Wolf Pen Gap and Alberts Pike up in the Quachita National Forest. I'm sure there are lots of trails, but it's probably more like Wolf Pen.. More of a rock type of terrain.. and it WILL EAT Vampires and Swampers alive!!!... Another thing, make sure you have EXCELLENT brakes.

Old 01-12-2000, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Well im pretty sure its open.....had some guys at tha hallsville ride tell me they went weekend before tha hallsville run but dumb o me forgot to ask any specific questions about it and i havent a clue who those guys were....meet em on a beer break

Old 01-13-2000, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

I have heard that it was closed by one person and heard again that it was open by another. My wife's aunt and uncle went there for Thanksgiving and I had asked them to keep an eye out for me so that I get get some info. Well, they came back and said four wheelers were not allowed. Then I spoke with a 15 yr old kid that said he was there the same time and had taken his four-wheeler and had a blast. As far as there being that much acreage, I think that you may be confused. I did some research( try: shopoklahoma.com )and found that near Clayton, O.k. there is approx that much land there. I sent an e-mail to the Polaris dealer in Antlers and he gave me directions and even told me where to buy the sticker. Also, I found a place about 2 miles down the road on Lake Clayton that rented cabins and also had tent camping. (found all on the net) I plan a trip real soon..Spoke with the people at the cabin. Their busiest time of year is when they ahve a large jeep rally at this riding place. for a litle help getting info here it is.
Land is owned by Weirhauser Co.(spelling?)
It is called the Kiamichi Mountains, and also called Honobia Wildlife Management area
oh yea, just looked at the e-mail I receilved from that dealer. Permits $16.00 available at dee's grocery store in clayton. and it is 150K acres.

MudMachine;
I had read that if people did not stop destroing land around wolpen gap that they may close some areas. I think that they meant they would close some of the smaller riding areas around there, wolfpen gap is too popular to try to close now. My family and I go to Arkansas riding usually twice a year. I have never been to wolfpen but the place we go is near there and I was told once that as long as there was not a baracade blocking the trail you could use it, but each time we go there are new baracades up...Really a great place to go. That place is near Norman, Ar.

if you use the link www.shopoklahoma.com look for beavers bend and find a telephone number, they will help.

I know of a few more places in the area if you are interested.

TO_Y28
hope I was some help.

[This message has been edited by TO_Y28 (edited 01-13-2000).]

Old 01-13-2000, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

TO,
We camped just outside Alberts Pike at one of the "carwashes" like you are headed to Little Missouri Falls... and had a good time riding there, about a year and a half ago.. So, we went back about a year ago, and was informed by a ranger that ATV's we only allowed on the public roads. He said that too many people were leaving litter on trails and riding in the river. The rules allow you to cross it, but not ride in it.
So, they closed that part. We went on to Wolf Pen Gap and had a good weekend, but I've since heard that they may close it down too if the littering and riding in the creeks and streams didn't stop.
I enjoyed that place and look forward to going back.. I really hope they don't close it...

Old 01-13-2000, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys for ur post.....i was just lookin around on this site and in tha trails part i looked under Oklahoma and found this

Located in southeastern Oklahoma this is mostly open timber land that is owned by the Weyerhauser Co. There are hundreds of miles of connecting roads that range from pig trails to hard packed gravel, between these are all types of trails. Terrain ranges from mountains to muddy bottoms. From Broken Bow take Highway 259 north.
For the latest information on access and maps of this area contact the Weyerhauser Company at (405) 584-3315.

My dad called the number and they r sendin us a map and more info on the place...thanks again.

Old 01-13-2000, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

TO....i noticed u are from princeton tx or whatever its called and was wanderin if u have ever made it to any of tha mudruns in east tx before

Old 01-14-2000, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

No, I have not been to any.
I have wanted to but have just been to busy and my wife is pregnant and won't let me go without her. I am going to try to make it to Marshall sometime in February. I am an insurance agent and one of the companies that I write for has about 5000acres there and they hold an annual event. I have spoken with mudmachine about it and I beleive he is familiar with the ride. The man's name who owns the land is Williams, (ring any bell?)
anyways, sounds like fun. I hope to make it to one soon.

FYI-Princeton is about 35 miles north of dallas. I primarily ride on the red river either in Bonham,TX(oklahoma side)or occasionally go to Rocky Ridge(west of Sanger, TX near Gainsville) or go to the Red River in Muenster. Of those three places I prefer Rocky Ridge.. If you have never been you should try to check it out.
I ride a 1997 Scrambler 500 w/ mudmachine tires and an after market exhaust that I purchased from Polaris dealer and I don't know brand( I think it looks really cool and will have a picture to post real soon).

TO_Y28

Old 01-19-2000, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have hunted that area of OK for the past 12 years. There are two areas that combined are approx. 810,000 acres. The areas are known as Honobia Creek and Three Rivers. Honobia is owned by HRTG and is managed by the Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife. Three Rivers is owned by Weyerhaeuser and is also managed by OK DOW. There is a $25.00 annual access fee per per person using the areas. The 25.00 fee is for non-residents. The Fee is only 16.00 per year for OKlahoma Residents.
The area consists of numerous logging roads and is primarily wooded with a rocky terain intermixed with a sandy soil. Vehicles are only allowed on open roads. Some of these roads are as smooth as a rural road and some can be difficult. This varies from year to year due to erosion and if the area is currently being logged. E-Mail me If I can help. UlbHunter@aol.com

Quick Reply: SE Oklahoma (Beavers Bend)Need Info