Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

craigslist posting for SE Ma riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i finally received an email back from this person, Rich, he stated that he had some landowner permisson and rides in taunton sometimes. He included his cell#, being that i live about 15 minutes from taunton i might meet up to see what he has to say. Of course i wont be tking my quad with me until i have proof he isnt "Rich the local EPO"
this coming weekend i will be at october mtn for the holiday, we were staying at bonny rigg campground, but now staying at a friends house down the road as the campground called to tell me the storm wipped out their bridge.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:27 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1eep
i finally received an email back from this person, Rich, he stated that he had some landowner permisson and rides in taunton sometimes. He included his cell#, being that i live about 15 minutes from taunton i might meet up to see what he has to say. Of course i wont be tking my quad with me until i have proof he isnt "Rich the local EPO"
this coming weekend i will be at october mtn for the holiday, we were staying at bonny rigg campground, but now staying at a friends house down the road as the campground called to tell me the storm wipped out their bridge.
they can't invite you to ride and then arrest you for showing up to ride! you didn't break any laws!

I know taunton like the palm.... errrr, back of my hand- I'd be curious where he's riding there's no place really to ride, maybe 5 or 10 miles worth of trails... all the pits & trails I used to ride around taunton / raynham / bridgewater are now condo's.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 1eep
Better check with October Mountain. This morning the MA DCR website said the parks were still closed. If they have had any damage at all, they will be slow to re-open the atv trails....

Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Just checked again and OCtober Mountain is still closed. According to the DCR website, will be closed indefinitely.

You can see updated closing information on the MA DCR website here:

DCR_Irene_Updates

It says PSF is open but there is VERY limited riding there anyway.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for the update. I am staying at a friends house and he rides from his backyard, this will be my first time out with him, i am almost certain he is riding in grey areas.

I wonder if they closed the forest due to down trees or the amount of rain, certainly i dont expect them to rush on reopening.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Range Rover

Let me know how the meet and greet goes. I have ridden this area but I'm always up for new trails to explore.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

spent saturday at october mtn with some of the local fireman clearing some trees from the trails. There was no reason that forest should be closed other than the state has screwed people again!

When i call rich about the riding in taunton i will post what happens.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Did anything ever come of this?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Pro Rider

I have the guys contact info, but never managed to meet up, my schedule always seemed to conflict with his riding times.

Hoenstly i eventhough we IM' back and forth a few times i was still very hesitant as i know the areas are not legal and i just dont feel like worry about who is waiting for me at my truck.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would find it hard to believe that the hugs would do a sting like that. They've had plenty of guys to deal with without "luring" them out on a Craigslist sting. Then again you never know! ! Haha