Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ohio trails

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio trails

Hello, I'm trying to find a place to ride this time of year within three hours of Columbus. My buddies and I are itching to get out on some trails, but all the good ones are closed. Last resort, we may just drive to WV to Hatfield and McCoy trails around March 1.

Appreciate any input!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default A few places

Where are you in Ohio...Washington Court House here...a few places to ride this time of year. Crow's Canyon...info online. Hidden Spring ranch in springfield area is a small private area that is 15 bucks to get in for the day and you are free to ride for the day...by invite only (google hidden spring ranch ohio and you will find the name and number to call and ask for an invite)....thrashing trails in xenia (never been there but they welcome jeeps and everything depending upon the weekend)...i do know that this guy advertises on CL like he really has something, but I think it is like 130 acres or something like that! We rode at hidden spring (bud's as it is better known) two weeks ago...we did about 25 miles on a sunday. Nice to get out and ride, but don't expect an entire day without seeing things like 10 times!!

On a side note...do you usually ride wayne in the summer? We ride hatfield mccoy, wayne, and perry....did 1200+ miles last summer...if you are interested in hooking up for a ride as spring arrives let me know...we are 4 riders with a can-am 500, grizz 550, grizz 700, and king quad 400.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input. I live in Lewis Center, but we haven't been to any of those places yet. Pretty much just ride on my in-law's farm, but it gets old fast. My friend is bringing his new Polaris 4x4 up from Memphis in three weeks, so I wanted to take him somewhere with nice trails. I have a Z400, so he'll probably spend most of his time getting me unstuck. Thanks for the invitation on hooking up. I plan on going to Wayne a few times this coming season, so keep me posted. Judging by your pictures, I don't think my sport quad will keep up with those mud holes I'm not afraid to try though!

Old 02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

Originally Posted by Coastal44
Thanks for the input. I live in Lewis Center, but we haven't been to any of those places yet. Pretty much just ride on my in-law's farm, but it gets old fast. My friend is bringing his new Polaris 4x4 up from Memphis in three weeks, so I wanted to take him somewhere with nice trails. I have a Z400, so he'll probably spend most of his time getting me unstuck. Thanks for the invitation on hooking up. I plan on going to Wayne a few times this coming season, so keep me posted. Judging by your pictures, I don't think my sport quad will keep up with those mud holes I'm not afraid to try though!
We ride pretty seriously from about mid-march until about mid-december...the mud pic in my sig was actually taken at Wayne and has been filled in since then! We don't typically ride trails that consistently look like that but we don't shy away from it either!!