Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Royal Blue information

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Blue information

whats up guys? I was wondering if someone that has rode or currently rides royal blue could give me some info on where to get the riding permits? I have been riding Brimstone for awhile now but been wanting to give Royal Blue a shot. Also, do they have trail maps or is just signs posted at the head of each trail? Thanks!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Copy20,
We rode Royal Blue last year, They have maps and permits for sale at RRB, Was lotsa hills as expectd from Tennessee. nice trails, Was very muddy when we were there but with all the rock in tha area not many DEEP holes to contend with. trails were maintained pretty well but agan, with all the rock there wasn't much of a way to rut them out.

I would recommend it other than the price of the permits. It was about 100 bucks for an annual permit per adult..and I am in Ohio so I thouht I might make it back but never did so it was over 200 bucks of permits for 1 long weekend...fun but pricey.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! That really helped. I found everything. Do you remember some of the good trails ya'll rode on?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"

Lots of good trails - all on the map.

The trails numbered in the 20's around the NE perimeter area are pretty good. Lots of creek crossings and some challenging hills. #9 is the only 'difficult' rated trail - some steep, off-camber hills.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright, Thanks! One more question, do any of them have any good mud holes?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

Not a lot of mudholes down there due to the lack of topsoil..rock is at or just below the surface....look for "top of the world" its on an unmarked trail but is listed on the RRB map as a place to see...the trail might be marked with a number by now, as of last june it was not on a marked trail...it was a trail but no number...its easy to find but we missed it listed as a "place to see"...talso here are 2 waterfalls, kind of at opposite ends of the park and the nicest one you almost hafta know where it is to find it as it is a walk off the trail down a steep hill to get to it. we hooked up with folks that go there often and they took us around the park.
remember it gets dark early in the ountains...we got caught outr afetr dark til like 11pm !! ...it was not a concern for the folks leading us as they were all in there 20's and 30's but we had 2 kids that were getting a bit concerned to say the least..running at high speed, thru rocky trails, in the dark, thinking we were "lost"...kinda freaked'em out...and me too a lil bit as we had 3 newer quads and i was not fully knowledgaable on ther fuel consumption rate..did NOT wanna run out of fuel in the dark on a trail with (2) 10 yr olds and my GF who is new to quadding..but it is a fun place fer sure...just a bit pricey on permits is the ONLY negative I can say about it...otherwise highly recommended