Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Vermont Riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vermont Riding

Im sure you New Englanders out there know about VASA (Vermont All Terrain Vehicle Sportsman's Association) but figured Id post it incase of someone who doesnt. I just joined the other day and joined the North Country ATV Association club. It can be a bit pricy if you are an out of state resident because you need to register your quad. Not sure what out of state residents pay. Then it will cost $56 to join VASA but it gives you access to 100's of miles of trails in the state. If anyone ever is up in the area to ride let me know, Im always up for a ride.

http://vtvasa.org

Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure Vermont's great to ride, but I have thousands of miles of trails to ride here. lol

Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I rode trails around some property the family owns in Barnard, VT. It was when they were just beginning to cut them in. Got good and stuck. I think, unless it's changed, the out of staters have to pay $35 for 2 years registration. I generally ride ME and NH now because they are closer than any of the VT trails. Looks like they are getting up to speed though.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Definitely, I would like to try VT trails. But whole registering process looks to me difficult and confusing.Not as easy as NH.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Trailblazer

Rancher, where are you referring to

Originally Posted by Rancher247
I'm sure Vermont's great to ride, but I have thousands of miles of trails to ride here. lol

Old 03-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Markdb
Rancher, where are you referring to
Forgot my location isn't in my header. I was referring to Maine, not to at all take away from how good VT riding may be. There are trails statewide here.

*EDIT: I added my location after I saw this post.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer

Rode sleds in VT, but not ATVs. Been searching on the web trying to find places to ride in VT, but if you are not familiar with the area it's a lost cause.

Would like to know if some of the places I took the sleds are allowing ATVs. Specifically, Woodford State Park (great for day trips as it is close to me), Newport, Derby, Island Pond, Canaan (these are over nighters for me, but worth it).

Been to Maine and the riding is awesome, but it's a 7 hour ride each way for me. I am actually going in August.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikestr427BB
Rode sleds in VT, but not ATVs. Been searching on the web trying to find places to ride in VT, but if you are not familiar with the area it's a lost cause.

Would like to know if some of the places I took the sleds are allowing ATVs. Specifically, Woodford State Park (great for day trips as it is close to me), Newport, Derby, Island Pond, Canaan (these are over nighters for me, but worth it).

Been to Maine and the riding is awesome, but it's a 7 hour ride each way for me. I am actually going in August.
What part of Mass. are you from? I live in Billerica and a buddy and I go to Southern Maine and it takes maybe 2 hours to get up there.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:41 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikestr427BB

If I had to drive from concord NH to lake george in NY, I'd spend the 2 days driving up and around through canada just to avoid going through VT

and it's okay- I'm sure VT would also rather have me take the long way around

I ride NH & ME- and do everything I can to keep my family, atv's and auto's away from VT

Old 05-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

I am about 40 minutes West of Springfield. Billerica is a good 2 hours from me. We are going up near The Forks in Maine on vacation and that's a 7 hour ride from here.

Quick Reply: Vermont Riding