Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ohio places,maybe camping and trails.Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio places,maybe camping and trails.Anywhere?

Im trying to talk the wife into getting a atv,we use to have one about 15 years ago and I kept it out at my grandfather in andover ohio and we would just go out to ride it but he passed away.
I could probably go out there still as other family took it over but even still it was just a 3 miles long trail,I would want other places to go.

So her main conflict is why are we going to get one if we dont have the land,so if you can let me know if there are some areas within a couple of hours from my area here in Eastlake ohio.

I think some camping and trail riding would be the best if you know of any place like that,Please let me know. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

Public areas in Ohio...Pike State Forest, Perry State Forest, Richland Furnace State Forest, Maumee State forest (I think Perry is the biggest with 17 miles). None of those offer camping. Wayne National Forest in southern ohio (just north of nelsonville) is where we primarily ride in Ohio. We ride the monday creek area, but there are two other areas that we have never ridden! 71 miles of trails, free primitive camping at any trailhead (with a latrine). There are also a couple public camping areas, or it is in the hocking hills area, so with a little drive you could get a cabin there I am sure (we stay at the trailhead for free b/c we haven't found anywhere cheaper!!) We actually ride out of a 28 ft enclosed trailer with bunks and some of the comforts of home so it isnt so bad! Passes are 45 bucks for the season (4/15-12/15), 24 for 3 days, or 12/day. They allow no alcohol and require a helmet (hopefully that isn't a holdup).

There are other private areas in Ohio...wellsville is one, buds hidden spring ranch, crow's canyon, ummmmm I am sure that I will think of more...and other people will suggest some I am sure!

Where is eastlake ohio? We ride with a group of four usually...springfield, delaware, greenville, and washington court house Ohio...We make about 3-4 trips a season to Hatfield McCoy in WV and ride 1200+ miles a year on the quads! Post back with more questions! Google Ohio ATV trails and you will get some results too!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Looking where you are located, you might be better of looking in western PA. There are some riding spots in northeastern OH, but don't limit your search to them. Some of PA might be closer than southern OH.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

Eastlake is near mentor,willoughby,euclid,if you heard of those if not you can pretty much say I live in cleveland.

I was thinking of getting a Argo,does it matter or must it be a 4 wheel ATV?
I wanted a argo because I could fit at least 2 of us in it,and just a small atv for my son that way it could be more of a family outing. But im still undecided,lol and I still have to convince the wife
Thanks for the locations I'll start reading up on them

Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

I have never seen an argo on the system...how fast will they go? How wide are they?? They all limit at 50 inches! If you are looking for family outing you might as well go big while working the wife into this choice and go with a razor for the adults and small quad for the kid! Or look for a 2-up quad...although it may be cheaper to buy her a quad for helself rather than the razor or two up!