Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

TN/NC Tellico ORV - New loop off trail 10.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last weekend 3 of us headed up into the ORV park for what turned out to be a 4 hour - 20 mile ride though some of NC's finest riding.

Trail #10 is for ATV's only, no dirt bikes, no jacked up 4x4's. There's a NEW loop that runs off #10 that, in a very spectacular way, takes you almost to the top of the mountain. Very straight up and very straight down, with plenty of rocks to climb in both directions. It's new and VERY rideable and is everything you'd be looking for in a trail just big enough for a ATV.

All the other trails we were on are being maintained quite well, so I don't feel bad about the 5 bucks to ride in this Forest Service area.

Now, you southern riders .. 'ya got another reason to go to Tellico.

Enjoy.

Old 03-30-2001, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is the Tellico ORV a good sport/racing quad riding area, or do you really need to be on a bike with more ground clearance?

Keep on Ridin'
JJ

KXF 250A

Old 03-31-2001, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

>Is the Tellico ORV a good sport/racing quad >riding area, or do you really need to be on a >bike with more ground clearance?

Tellico is the reason I added a skid plate to my Rancher. Without decent clearance you're going to bash your frame on some rocky trails, guaranteed.

I don't think I could call the area good for sport racing. You can encounter opposite traffic at any time and most trail so not allow for easy two-way passing.

On the plus side, some trails are sloped and shaped to drain well, meaning that there are plenty mounds of dirt to use as take-off ramps, and most have a level landing spot.

Remember, you're riding a mountain on old logging roads turned to trails.