Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Mines and Meadows?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mines and Meadows?

I just sold my boat and was looking to get into atv'n, Im not looking for any xtreme hill climbing or jumps,,just some normal off-roading,creek crossing,mud slinging trail riding type stuff. I was looking for a Argo "6x6" but seen these rzr buggies and I really like the looks of those! But might be a bit pricey for me now,so may and up with just a 4 wheeler.

What machine to get isnt really why im here,the biggest problem im going to face is where to ride it. Im from Ohio,pretty much cleveland so not many off road places that I know of that I could ride near me,so I'll be looking into atv parks. Mines and Meadows is in PA and just under a 2 hour drive for me,which isnt too bad and I see a few more but there like 3-4 hours which maybe I would go on occasion but a 2 hour drive is in my comfort zone.

My question is for the people that had been or still go to mines and meadows,Would you feel that this is a place that you could go to for 6-7 times through out spring/summer/fall with out getting bored of it? Or do you think if you spend a weekend there you pretty much done all you can do in that time and no need to go back?

Im sure once I get something and really start searching,I could probably find a riding group,maybe some people with some land that will let me ride,etc,,but for right now I dont have any friends that are into this and pretty much just going to atv parks, any advice?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default mines

Its not a bad place, once or twice a year is good for me and after a few hours each visit you begin to get bored.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also Majestic Trails and Allegheny state forest out that way.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yea I was afraid of that,they say they have like 75 miles of trails,which sounds like a lot,but maybe its not.
Whats the costs for places like this normally run you?
Im pretty interested in a RZR or that type of vehicle,Would you say its harder to find a place to run one of these vs a standard 4 wheeler?

Old 10-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

25 bucks a person? SXS' s are getting very popular so the trails are getting wider. Unless you get the models with the long arm suspensions a rzr won't have any problems. Check out rocksandruts.com good forums there!

Old 10-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks,I'll check it out.
Im coming from Ohio,I thought I read before if im in PA,I will have to have some tag or plate? Im not really sure what this is..Does this apply to me being from Ohio?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

You need registration and insurance. Ohio has that right?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Last time I owned a 4 wheeler,I bought it new from the show room,,it comes with a title and no need for insurance or registration. So im not sure if insurance and registration is just a PA thing,or might just be required for public ATV parks,Im not sure.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can register @ DCNR PASpam word DCNRSpam word -Spam word DCNR Home if it's privately owned you probably don't need either but all state parks you will need it.
http://www.snowatvreg.dcnr.state.pa.us/

Old 10-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

Also I was wondering about the mine tour ride,,Could you fit a RZR-S through the entrance? I thought the rzr-s was slightly larger than 60" and the entrance I was told was 60",,problems with this?