Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Paiute Trail ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a week riding the trails (first week in Oct) I stayed in Marysvale at Lizzie and Charlies RV park, not much in town but the riding was great 70-80 miles a day and never the same trail twice, ride rite out of the camp ground any direction and you hit trail all the way up to 11000 ft, the weather was great 60's during the day 40's at night. i've got pictures on my photopoint site but hav'nt been able to access it today, i drove 2400 miles to get there and it was worth every mile............. Rick

lizzie and charlies

Old 12-23-2001, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob:
Theree is a fellow in Fillmore that rents quads also, 2000 Polaris 425 Magnums. Utah Rocky Mountain Adventure, 435-743-5252. His name is Mike, if you call him tell him that Les from Nevada sent you. No, it won't get you a discount but it won't raise the price either.
We went up that way the first week of August, started in Fillmore on a Fiday and returned on Tuesday total of 411 miles. The west side of the trail is more senic, also slower going, the east side is lower elevations and faster traveling. Take rain gear, a dust mask, and goggles. We tented, but there are plenty of motels or cabins in the area, and great eateries, The Prospector Cafe in Marysville serves a great breakfast. We carried MRE's for our lunch meals on the trail, cooked dinner when we set up camp. The Tushars Mountains, just out of Marysville has the highest point of the trail 11,500 ft, and is closed due to snow untill late July most years.
We are planning a trip next year the same time, 6 of us are planning on going. I think we will set up base camp at Hoovers or Circleville and plan mostly day rides from there. The camp ground at Circleville was not quite as busy as Charlie & Lizze's and has a convience store on site. Hoovers serves a "Doublecheese Burger" that is next to Heaven, juice runs down both sides of your mouth when you bite into it.
Oh yes, a camera and lots of film is a must!!
Hope this helps you out, I'm sure you will enjoy the ride.
Happy Holidays to All.
Pullerguy
Les