Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You are describing the reasons I dont live in a city! Once I got married and started looking at homes the wife and I decided to be rural folks. So glad...cheaper to live in the country and far fewer hasles. Sherriff is friendly neighbors are far enough away, yet close enough if needed. I don't understand why people like city life.....just me I guess

Old 11-24-2018, 06:31 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before the idiot started calling the cops on me, sometimes I rode over to my ex's grandmother and mother's house to plow them out. And sometimes their neighbors too. It was only 1/2 mile away and I never had a problem any of the times I did it. And I'm glad I didn't see any cops when I pulled one of my neighbors around on a toboggan. Then he pulled me around the neighborhood on it. There was some fishtailing involved which is almost to much fun. Luckily there were no panic stops since toboggans don't have brakes.

When I plow my driveway I have to do it a completely different way from plowing the street. The houses in my neighborhood are too close together and it's just my house, my driveway and my neighbors' driveway, and their house side by side. Neighbors right up your A as some people might say. Snow-blowing sucked because I had to blow the snow up or down the driveway past my house, then when it was packed down in a pile I had to blow it into my yard. With my plow I do a section at a time. I start near the back of the house and push the snow back to the fence, then I back up to the front of the house and plow, then back by the sidewalk, and finally back into the road to plow from the curb. I don't have side shields on this plow and the snow rolls off the sides, so I have to go over it a bunch of times. I didn't even plow my driveway the last 3 (?) winters. There wasn't that much snow and I have 4WD.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

I hear ya on very little snow last year. I don't normally plow,unless we have a couple inches at least. Sometimes I plow just for drifts. I do use the small snowblower for the walkways just to make walking safer. Looking forward to a good snow year so we have something to play in. Since I added the enclosure and heater I really look forward to plowing!

Old 11-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lets think positive here, I'm hoping on a couple big snow falls this season, especially now that I've got this never before tried out quad/plow setup! I'm hoping with all this early winter moisture so far, and also once the temps drop a little, that might create quite a lot of snow!

Old 11-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hell, I am rooting for ya, I know how much fun it can be! Hopefully it comes my way also!!

Old 11-25-2018, 12:02 AM
THE BERMINATOR

It's 1:00 AM and 42-43 degrees, but that will change soon enough. Sunday it's supposed to rain then snow from night into morning, 100% chance of snow with 1-3 inches accumulation. And it's going to be below freezing Tuesday. I don't have my ATV back from the dealer so I can't plow.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:42 AM
Pro Rider

Just watched ch 4 weather and no snow for se mi. The cities n of here + 4'' but nothing else expected for the next week! Its coming soon!! Get ready!! Ordered a second set of heater grips from China for $4 made real well! That turn off w/ ignition switch. Gonna keep my mitts warm lol

Old 11-26-2018, 12:16 AM
THE BERMINATOR

It wasn't long after I posted that yesterday that they changed the forecast from 1-3 inches of snow to 3-5 inches. Then they changed it again. Now they're saying 5-8 inches of wet heavy snow, with peak snowfall rates of about 1 inch per hour and 25-30 MPH gusts. It's already raining and the temperature is dropping. There's a Winter Storm Warning in effect until 3:00 PM and they're saying if you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. I must not travel, so I'm cancelling my doctor's appointment and staying home all week, or until my ATV is ready. I don't know whether I should put my trash out Monday night/Tuesday morning or not. I highly doubt they'll be picking up trash on Monday, and will most likely be a day late all week. And if the mailman/woman gets mad because I didn't shovel my sidewalk, well, that's okay with me.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

Don't laugh I always wake up right at 4 am every morning, but this morning, I watched ch 2 weather, of all this expected accumulating snow on its way, and it sorta knocked me out i guess, and when I woke up from my short snooze at 8:40, I glanced out through the window and saw thick snow coming down sideways, yet heard the rain so heavy and hard coming down on the flat roof here on the back porch, with the wind driving it, and then I remembered I had dreamed while napping, that my wife was outside tending our fireplace (remember this is my dream while this was happening, we have no fireplace out by our driveway outside lol) and I was sitting by the fire looking around near the sidewalk seeing a couple of inches on the ground telling my wife its getting at a point where I might need to start plowing! lol Now does that tell ya how badly i'm looking forward to plowing for my first time/?!? Its almost more thrilling I guess for me, than when i was a kid thinking about xmas eve night, anxiously waiting to open expected toys! Aren't adults supposed to grow out of these silly/crazy/excited, kid like feeling's? I guess I never will! lol LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!

Old 11-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I hear ya!! My mind is 16 yrs old but my body is.....well..a lot older!!

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch