Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They might only charge the usual bridge crossing fee, yet even that would be quite a bit round trip.
Ribs killing me early in the morning, can't get any relief/comfort/breathing from 4am till around 9am, but once I'm up and around I'm much better, until I cough or over exert myself like today, lugging heavy yard tropical plants out the house lol, then I'm reminded real fast to ease up, when stabbing pain shouts, drop em, like NOW!

Old 05-03-2019, 03:38 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should listen to your Internet Doctor* and take it easy. It sounds like you cracked your ribs like I suspected. They x-rayed mine, said yeah they're broken, bye-bye, see ya next time. They didn't tape 'em up or anything like that. I just tried not to take any deep breaths or do anything that would make me breathe hard until they started to heal and not hurt as bad. Work already sucked but it was worse when I cracked my ribs, or broke my toe, or got my finger smashed by a drunk driver on a fork truck. The finger was the worst of the three by far and I bumped it several times a day. That was way worse than the cracked ribs and made me want to scream. The toe was a fraction of a percent as bad. I took off my work boot and popped the toe area back out with my hand, walked to the medical department and got it x-rayed. They said it was broken and they could tape it to the next one or leave it alone. I left it alone. And the toe I broke a month or so ago doesn't even hurt. I can bend it farther than the rest of my toes but it feels weird, and it feels like it's going to stick in that position. My doctor gave me a week of antibiotics and sent me to get it x-rayed. When she got the results she sent me to an orthopedic doctor. I got more x-rays and left that toe alone too. When I wiped out on my scooter I think I cracked my ribs again in the same place but not as bad. I don't remember if I went to a doctor, but I didn't ride the scooter or ATV much right after that either.

The toll for ATVs on The Bridge is probably $4.00 just like a passenger car, van, motorcycle, station wagon, SUV, pick-up truck, or school bus.

My house is at 797' elevation and the Flint River is 656', so I'm sitting 141' higher. It might take a flood of biblical proportions for my place to flood, but my basement gets wet anytime it rains too hard. Water runs across the floor into a drain and that's usually it. Sometimes it get bad enough for most of the floor to get wet but it still just runs across the floor to one of the drains. Stuff happens in a 90 year old house that's been Jerry-rigged by people who didn't know what they were doing. I don't even have a sump pump or anyplace to put one, so that's one less thing I have to worry about breaking and needing to be replaced. Several years ago a creek not too far from here flooded and a couple of parking lots were bad enough to have fish in them. I never knew that creek had clams in it until I looked at it after the water went back down.

* Not a doctor.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

I know how concerned you guys are about my condition, and how I actually fell and this is as close of an example as I could find.

Notice the angle of the dirt rid'her!! It's that angle, I can't stop looking at, that, and perhaps had we both fallen together, the dirt rid'her could have softened my blow....I mean the blow, well something I'm sure about a blow, would have certainly eased my pain, in fact just looking at that angle there has helped me immensely, I almost feel much better already! well you get the ''picture'', right, now get your dirty minds back to my condition!....remember me! the guy here with the pain....hello, stop looking at my description! lol
Don't get caught letting your wifes see my description, they may not get the ''picture''....as I'm sure you guys do lol Now what were you guys saying about my pain again....hello!

Old 05-03-2019, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You need to get you dictionary out and look up what itt means to "take it easy and rest".. .you have a long riding season ahead, no sense watching from the side lines!! Takes a good bit of time to heal uo ribs!

Old 05-03-2019, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

I get up every morning, after sleeping real good, thinking its got to be at least 5 ish, but its always around 2! and I don't care to crawl back to bed, like I know I should, instead I set here on this chair trying to find the right place to ease the pain in my side, and finally catch a few winks before waking up with finding it hard to breathe with the same pain, in the same spot! Like you said I need someone to put me in a body cast, so I won't get up here in a few min. going out and bruising my ribs up again, to where its a vicious circle every day! then tonight I'll be hurting again all over again, doesn't seem to be getting any better, just worse! Today I had plans of taking up 9 fence sections, while the ground is soft and easier to yank out the fence posts, then go to home depot and bring home new fences/posts and dig new holes for posts. Somebody stop me! lol I got so much energy every day, now that spring is here, I'm trying to go in many directions at the same time, trying to get caught up from this long as winter!! Will you guys come visit me at the hospital after today, that's probably where I'll end up, then maybe they'll sedate me for a few weeks and let me heal! lol well here I go outside time's a wastin, I'm burning daylight! I really don't feel well enough to even stand up right now, hurts to much to even breathe! I might wait a day or so, will see! Like you said, we got a lot of ridding to do soon, summer don't last forever! Can't wait to try out these new meats/tires!

Old 05-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

If you keep going and dont get some R&R those tires wont get used this summer! You dont seem to understand how long cracked ribs take to heal and the pain will only get worse. Might end up riding alone! Yes the pic more clearly explains your injury, I keep looking at it to get a complete understanding!

Old 05-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

You dirty ol man!! Your as bad as me....almost! lol

Old 05-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

I already paid for all the fencing stuff, and having my grandson and his buddy do all the hauling on his big ford e350, and drop it off where I'll need ea panel, 9 all together.
We need to plan a trip in 2 weeks, because I'm flying out end of mo. to visit my son, in Seattle. Get your rig together, these tires are burning just sitting around doing nutten! lol What you think of Black mt just s of Mac Bridge? Everyone here lately, has said great things of it!

Old 05-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Is it an orv route for utv's, if your not sure I can look it up. Still waiting for rain to stop, been raining all day and tomorrow. Not fond of working on 4000 watt genny while standing in water. Need to recoat a couple spots on the roof, already cleaned the inside and installed all LED interior bulbs. Should cut battery draw by 60% or more, brighter also. Had to order more oil filters for the utv, my luck they are backordered, supposed to be here next week. Just waiting on weather so I can work outside without wearing waders!

Last edited by Kymco 450i; 05-03-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Looked up Black Mtn/ Black lake trails, there is an orv route loop in that area, doesnt appear to be very big. Might be a long haul to ride a small area according to the map. There is another area just north of *******, called Indian River trail and is an orv route, appears much bigger than black lake area.
In fact there are a few areas in that general area that shows nice orv route that are big loops. Kalkaska, *******, and Lewiston areas. And of course the Baldwin area. Lots of trails to explore!!

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch