Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Warning!!! Crystal lakes, NJ means getting arrested.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YO I HERD THE PAL "POLICE ATTHLETIC LEAGUE" STARTED THERE OWN RIDIN CLUB WERE THEY LET KIDS RIDE BAK THERE AND TEACH LIL KIDS HOW TO RIDE DUNNO IF ITS TRUE BUT THATS WAT I HERD

PS TRY CHATSWORTH]

Old 06-30-2001, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

I feel all of your pain because Illinois has had more than it's share of "nowhere to ride" especially in the northern parts. Back in the early 80's we had some unofficial places to ride but a couple kids got hit by cars and a couple kids flipped their dirtbikes over on themselves and then the cops started swarming like hornets.
Even after all this time there are still only unofficial places to ride ie power lines, RR tracks, edges of some fields. The money from titling your atv is supposed to go toward riding areas but as far as I can tell there is not 1 municipally funded riding area in the entire state.
The biggest problem is money. By the time you spend enough money to get a quad and a truck or trailer, or earn enough to get enough land to ride on, you are tapped out. The politicians do all they can to sell out to "developers" who buy huge plots of land and convert it into townhouses or "cookie cutter" houses that look like everyone elses house on the block. The polititians are simply doing the math. I'll give you a real life example. There is a town near here that is semi rural. Parts of this town have small city type lots and just outside of town there is acreage. There is an old guy that owns 160 acres which is not a ton of land for riding but it keeps a few locals happy. The old guy doesn't want to sell because it was his families farm. The way the property was handed down by his parents made the old guy and his brothers and sisters the ones to inherit it. The old guy out lived his brothers and sisters so now their children own their parents share. Because he is old the children [his neices and nephews] are going to take the old guy to court and force him to sell based on him being incompetant. What they are fighting over is land that will sell to a developer for 16,000 and acre. Which comes down to about 40,000 per person after court fees etc. The developer will "improve" this land and sell it for 20,000 per 1/4 acre lot. The city especially the mayor will not complain because he is "developing" the town into something that will have a couple new streets an addition on the school and pay raises for himself. The taxes he is getting from farm land is nothing compaired to just a couple new houses on this land.
Again 160 acres isn't a riding park but it's how this whole thing works. Unless you can condemn sprawl on a county wide basis in your area, you will never get ahead of the vynil sided cancer that is encroaching on the open areas of the country.
Once the homes are there the game is over. I think the atv clubs should find some way to work with the "tree hugging" organizations to find a common ground. I think it would be easier to "lease" certain areas of these "green" lands and work in conjunction with them in acquiring new lands than fighting them and seeing the open lands turned into strip malls and duplexes.

whooo feels good to get that off my chest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2001, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

it's cause you guys are barking up the wrong tree! some of those trails lead to bayville and forked river! f manchester, all the new yorkers are doing is giving the cops pay raises, once your in sarco, your in! manchester turds just sit on the north side, there is literally hundreds of miles of trails and smaller lakes back there"trust me we camp out there" dont waste your time with manchester side of the sandbox

Old 10-30-2001, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey everyone.. ridin in NJ is hard cause of all of the fools who never look or thing what they are doin.. i watched a guy die at sarco and also was there the day after the jet skier died... i use to ride there every weekend in the summer cause i would swim.. the riddin is pathetic there.. its allll flat sand.. if u liek jumps or hill thats place suxx.. if u are a washed up rider and want to ride whoops its all for U... if u ride Gliddens and know of it.. its patroled pretty good. they ticket everyone who has no place to park.. its the best riddin in NJ.. if u ahve seen MOTO XXX its the place where tommy and sean ride, team XXX... i ride GLIDDENS every weekend on my worked raptor..and i love it.. yes dean the 150FT high "big bertha" is still there for us to hill kill.. but it kills a bunch of people every year.. the fools that ride off teh top.. one kid died on sunday.. got hit by a car crossin over the tracks tryin to get there.. but there is no better riddin then gliddens for SAND.. i ride my friends PRO quad track with spader when hes around on week ends.. its teh track in heuvros grandie..with the hughe table top.. my friend built it.. nice to know people.. well ride on.. and watch before u LEAPPPPPPPPPPP...

01 raptor
+2 a arms
yamaha carbon pipe,
12t and 42 rear
tag bars T2
+2 axle
triple rate fronts
pro design filter KIT
soon to be a 724cc.

Old 10-30-2001, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

hey man! hook me up with some of that good sh*t. I always wondered where that track in huevos grandes was. Somewhere by atlantic city, maybe?.
I liked sarco cuz of the lakes too. You got hot when riding, park the quad and take a swim, that was sweet. I always thought that place was huge because I use to ride a blaster, but since not long ago, I changed to a 250r things werent the same. My bud and I did all of sarco less the trials in no time. All we did was haul as* and it got a little boring, but we only went twice there cuz cops started to show up.
I dont like trails, I like either wide open spaces or tracks.
I have searched for that place gliddens, and I have been close, I found that
mining company, which I dont remember the name, but there was no place to park.
I have been to mostly all the other places, cant find gliddens, but I say "if you know the spots and have good luck not getting caught, dont tell anybody where they are at", for me, NJ can go to hell, I am moving to SOCAL.
Peace.