Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where NOT to ride in Illinois!!! Crab Orchard

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 10:47 PM
hp3
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A group of riders recently visited the newly opened atv trails in Crab Orchard Illinois. We paid $21.00 a piece to ride some of the worst and poorly maintain trails I have ever been on. We would have had the same ride if we would have went out behind the house and rode in our woods. The trails were completely grown over with weeds and hanging tree limbs. We had to stop several times to remove tree limbs just to get through the trails. It was like riding a trail that someone just blazed yesterday. Stay away.

Old 08-13-2001, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. I GUESS I WONT BE GOING THERE ANYTIME SOON..ALSO WHERE DO YOU LIVE IN ILLINOIS..I LIVE IN KANKAKEE..

Old 08-13-2001, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Be glad that you have places to ride. The price sounds a lot too much though. The adventure in trail riding is sometimes making your own trails, that's what we do.

Old 08-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Where NOT to ride in Illinois!!! Crab Orchard

Bradley dude, There are places to ride in Joliet, You just need to know where. Giove me an e-mail if you like. Otherwise, Hit custer park for some stuff if you are adventurous (i.e. don't mind tresspassing)

Old 09-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe $21 price is with your IL offroad permit.It is $10 to ride at LEOR and we were there week before last and it was in great shape there just aint alot of trails to ride.You can get all you want of it in 3hrs or so.

Old 09-28-2003, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

hp3, I'm really sorry you feel that way. But if it makes you feel any better the first time or two I went there I hated it but I have learned to like it. As for lately I know have just done alot of work on the trails and they also just had some hare scrambles there, the weekend after that they had alot of marker tape up along with tree limbs across some of the other trails to help in marking the right way to go for the course, but was also told that it was like that and they were in the process of getting it all out of the way. They have also just put in a new mx track (which I think is pretty cool) not sure if you rode that or not. And like ftwflh you paid $11 to the state(once a year fee) but only $10 to LEOHV. Sorry but I not so sure it's as bad as you think

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'02 LE Raptor
(ya it's got mods)

Old 09-29-2003, 12:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

I'm glad I live in Washington State, we have hundreds and hundreds of miles of trails and dunes to ride for free, well there is the $35.00 tab fee, yearly, but for what we get to ride, it's worth it.

Old 09-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

I'm just that much more thankful I live in Nevada, 87% of the state is public land, with the concept it's open unless posted closed. I can walk out to the shop climb on a quad and ride as far as I have gas to go in any direction. We don't have a sticker fee, a riding fee, or a fun fee, just ride until you run out of gas, pour in the reserve and hope you can get back to the starting point. There are thosands of old mining roads to ride, if you like sand there is lots of that also. Some of the sand areas are fee areas some like the ones right across the highway from our home is free 24/7, we just ask that you take your trash with you. If you want to see some thing different just stop by and we will ride.
Pullerguy

Old 09-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Check out www.rorp.com, a brand new riding area in Illinois. Many miles of trails. $15 that's it, no state fees, permits. Just come and enjoy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2003, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

Hey man, thanks for the tip on the place in rockport. After looking at the website, it looks like a kickass place.

Quick Reply: Where NOT to ride in Illinois!!! Crab Orchard