Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Spoke to NYS Forest Rangers

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the NY state fair in Syracuse on fri and the forest rangers had a stand there. There was a phamplet on the counter about the use of atv's. My buddy and I asked them what is the deal with atv's on state land. The younger man replied there not allowd and that's it (he was obviously against them) but the older guy was very helpful. He said the most important thing that we have to do is show our numbers by starting small clubs than getting them all togther as one big state orginazation. Obviously it is not going to be a easy thing to do and it is not going to happen over night, there has to be alot of volinteer work and eventually you have to get someone to lobby for us.

The last thing he said to us was it will eventullay happen but help yourselvs by getting togther. This is not for ny but for all states.

If you belong to a club great but if u don't join one asap. If you dont have one start one. (yes I know nowone has time to but if out sport is important to u have to try to make some time.