Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Louisiana Riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys looking for some riding buddies and some more places to ride.
I live in Houma and can travel if needed

Old 09-28-2001, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Hello, I live in Greenwell Springs, which is just outside of Baton Rouge. We mostly ride at LA Dunes in Forest Hill and sometimes will ride the trails at Camp Claiborne which is also in Forest Hill. Our next trip to LA Dunes will probably be the weekend before or after Halloween. Let me know if you're interested and I'll let you know what weekend we will be there and maybe we can meet up and do some riding.

Old 09-28-2001, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

I'm totally siked!
Thanks for answering.
I haven't been out that way yet, I don't even know were your talking about.
I live in houma and go to the spill way out in new orleans alot.
I work off-shore (7/7 out here now) and I come home thursday after holloween and could be there at any time.
Drop me a line either in the forums or we could exchange e-mails.
I happened to stumble across a feller from brentwood in the yamaha forum, but he has not written back yet.
Lrt me know I have my self and my son who ride together every chance we get and were ever we can find.

Old 10-03-2001, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

What kind of bike do you ride? I have a TRX 250R set up for sand dragging and a Foreman 450s that I use for hunting and trail riding. Let me know if you need directions to LA Dunes or Camp Claiborne. They're both pretty easy to find. Me and my girlfriend are planning on going to Camp Claiborne a week from Saturday to do some trail riding. How is the spillway now? I heard the Corps of Engineers got together with the Louisiana Trail Blazers and fixed the place up a bit. The last time I was there was about a year ago. Later

Old 10-03-2001, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

I ride a twinked out lakota sport.
Iknow what your thinking. I bought it for the kids and started a couple of mods and when I see you I'll let you ride it I believe your going to realy like it. I was looking at the mojave for my self, also looked at the 400ex but after riding my nephews, don't get me wrong here nice bike but noyhing to warrant 3 extra grand for.
My brother drags a 250r up in ohio, and does very very well.
I would like to meet with you I,ve been wanting to buy a 250r and start some dragging myself.
I just don't know any body in the quad sport as I just came over from dirt bikes.
The spill way was excellent for most of the year they've done a graet job on it.
The floods that came last june eroded alot of it and it's starting to come back some. The trail blazers haven't been out this summer but as you know south louisiana is some hot and not many riders come out.
I'll be up thier this week end and i'll give you a full report.
One thing I can tell you is they change the trails and hazzords quite often so you won't usualy see the same thing twice.
I've printed out a map to the dunes and it says it's five and a half hours from my house, I believe it's about four.
Don't worry I don't believe this is a problem.
I come home 10/4/01 and work 7/7 so I won't be able to meet you next week end, but while your up thier get a motel # for me I believe this sounds worth a stay over, and what I hier from these forums is it is pretty big.
Well I'm looking forward to meeting you and the group you ride with!
o-ya my boy has an xr-80 and is a good rider will he have a place at the dunes to ride.
Let me know, I'm twinking the lakota for him (his mama doesn't know it yet) but for now it will have to be the bike.
I'm also interested in the dragging, I dragged super comp street machines for years and still have the itch and have tons of questions for you.

Old 10-03-2001, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man, it should take you about 4 hours to get to LA Dunes. I was in Houma yesterday (actually Bayou Black at the Equilon facility) and it took me just under 2 hours to get there from downtown Baton Rouge. It takes me about 2 hours to get to the dunes from my house in Greenwell Springs. The closest hotels to Forest Hill are in Alexandria, which is about 20 miles north, however there may be something in Oakdale. We always camp at LA Dunes and Camp Claiborne. LA Dunes has a nice campground with bathrooms, showers, water/electricity hookups, and concessions. There's usually plenty of room for tents and campers although it can get pretty crowded on holiday weekends. Camp Claiborne has a pretty nice campground but all it has is two bathrooms (no running water, just fancy concrete block port-o-potties[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I also have an xr80 that I bring with me sometimes. I rode it on the dunes ONE time and did more pushing than riding. There's a couple of short trails and a pipeline near the campground and also a sandy creek where I ride my 80. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you so let me know when you will be able to go up and maybe we can plan something.

Old 10-04-2001, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

I have some info numbers I got off the web.
Sense I wrote last I rememdered that thier is a camp ground. So I will probably bring a tent.
Today is 10/4 and I'm going home. (7/7)
I'm going to start planning the trip this week and it looks like the week end of 20th and 21st. I don't realy know yet but thats what I hope.
We'll bring the xr-80 and over at the dunes if the boy gets bored he and I will just half to share the lokota.
Who knows the lakota may be limited as well. If thier dunes like I rode out in navada, well lets just say you realy needed a fast machine to even get up them.
This week or next when I see wich oppertunities I have to go up I'll drop you a line through the private messages and give you my phone #

Old 10-09-2001, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

You won't have a problem with the Lakota on the dunes. I won't be able to make it on the 20th because I'll be in Talladega at the NASCAR race that weekend--can't wait!!! I know what you mean about the dunes in Nevada. If they are anything like Dumont Dunes in southern California then I know they're killer. I was in Las Vegas a few years ago and made a side trip to Dumont (didn't have a bike though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ) and was impressed to say the least. LA Dunes can't even compare. In fact LA Dunes isn't dunes at all. It's a 300 acre abandoned sand/gravel pit with some hills. There are, however, a couple of really nice lakes. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out and get together for a ride sometime soon. Me and my girlfriend are planning on going up to Claiborne to ride the trails this weekend.

Old 10-09-2001, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

I went to the spill-way this weekend and had a blast.
They've done a lot of work and it just gets better and better.
If you go thier you know you have to follow alot of paths to get to, I like to call them different cells, but any way my son and I found probably ten spots we have never been.
well it was graet and we can't wait to go up to forrest hills. I'm thinking maybe the twentieth bet most probably the 11/10 thru 11/13.
Between work and a school I have to go to now lets not forget about hunting.
I don't know we'll have to hook up soon.

Have fun at the races!!!!!

Old 10-10-2001, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

I could probably make it on the weekend of Nov. 10 if I'm not making any last minute preparations for duck season, which you probably know starts on the 17th. Let me know when you make final plans so we can meet up and do a little riding. Also, let me know when you plan on going to the spillway again. I may be able to meet you there.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Riders