Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield-McCoy system

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 04:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATV Sport had a write up on the Hatfield-McCoy Trail system in W.VA. Has anyone been there and would it be worth the trip from the Chicago area?

Old 10-07-2001, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Been there done that I would have to say Yes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I drove there in 6hr's and I would do it again. good riding good peole alot of fun BUT
don't go there to ride as hard & as fast as you can cause if you do you will get hurt
go to www.trailsheaven.com & check out the area before you go

Old 10-08-2001, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

Been to the page but didn't see much in the way of visual stimulous. Thanks for the info!

Old 10-08-2001, 02:42 PM
Range Rover

Yes, I have and yes I would recommend it.

Take a look at PAATVING.COM and look under tourism (left side of screen). There is an article I wrote (more of a letter, and I am not trying to brag, I just don't want to repeat myself) with pictures. Hopefully it will provide more information and interest.

Old 10-08-2001, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

Now thats what I call visual stimulous! Great pictorial and write up. It seems to me that your letter should have been in ATV Sport rather than the one that was! Now my only problem is getting a second machine for the Other Half!

Old 10-09-2001, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

See if the pics on my site help you any. I live in Matewan which has access to the Buffalo trail and allows atvs into town for gas and food. I have four freinds that make the trip at least once a month from Cleveland to ride and I know it is worth it to them. You can email from the site if you have any questions. www.wvtrailguides.org I have several pics on the site so your patience will be needed in allowing them all to load. I just put some on there today from a trailride we did this past weekend. I had a BALL. The new pics are on the page 10-06 ride on the site navigation. Hope this helps.

Old 10-09-2001, 02:50 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the compliment. I did not even think about submitting it to one of the magazines. A friend recommended sending it to PAATVING. I was pleased and surprised when it was used.

Hopefully it wetted your appetite about going. I am hoping to go again this year but it may have to wait until next.

Have a safe and fun trip. You will enjoy it I am sure.

Old 10-09-2001, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

There is also an article on the system in the new dirt wheels. If I can get the link to it I will put it on my site on the home page.

Old 10-10-2001, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

My advice would be to check out the variuos ATV forums. Such as HighLifter, ATV Time, Muddy ATV's. See what THOSE people are saying!
I have been there twice this year, and have had a FANTASTIC time both times! The trails are awesome. The hillclimbs are incredible. The downhills can be SCARY!!!!!! I have to drive 5-6 hr. one way to H/M. I would drive 12hr, if that's what it took!
Feel free to email with questions, I'd be glad to help!.
See "Mudevil's" post: 10/06 Hat./McCoy Ride.(in this same thread) He was good enough to invite us along, even though we ride "ute" quads!

Old 10-10-2001, 01:17 PM
Range Rover

<< I have to drive 5-6 hr. one way to H/M. I would drive 12hr, if that's what it took!
Feel free to email with questions, I'd be glad to help!.
>>

12 hours! It is 800 miles one way for me, which equates to about 16 hours driving (not counting stops for gas, eats and bathroom). And YES I would do it again.

Quick Reply: Hatfield-McCoy system