Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Has anyone ever bought passes ahead of time for Wayne Ntl For. ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 11:47 PM
BK
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning a trip to Wayne next weekend and wondered how long it takes to get the passes if you get them in advance. It would save us 45 minutes if we didn't have to go to Nelsonville first. Is there anywhere besides Nelsonville to buy the permits? Thanks for any help!

Old 10-15-2001, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

BK

I have never got a permit by mail because I usually get seasonal permit when I go on the first trip down. I usually get our permits at Williams Camping or at Nelsonville. You can also try Lancaster Cycle on the west side of Lancaster. Check out the Wayne National Forest website for an updated listing of vendors. I would guess that they will not be able to send you permits in time for your ride, but you could call them and ask. We will be down on Saturday for a one day ride (20th). Not sure where we are meeting though.

Old 10-15-2001, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

You do not have to go to Nelsonville to get trail permits . You can get them at the trail head at Williams camp grounds or they now have permits at County Road #24 There is a trail head there I believe it is called Carbon Hill Also have a vending trailer there.
Am I right TRX450 ??????
Have a good time I believe TRX450 will be at WNF ask him !

Old 10-15-2001, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Trailwarrior is correct that the vending trailer at the main corridor parking lot sells the permits. I am not sure how late in the season that they will be setting up shop. Williams is still your best bet though.

Old 10-15-2001, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

Last that I knew, the owners of the vending trailer are planning a Halloween bash the weekend of the 27th so I imagine they will be set up thru the end of the month.

Old 10-15-2001, 11:00 PM
BK
Pro Rider

I found the listings for the different vendors that sell permits. That helps a lot. Is Williams campground open early on Saturdays? Is there an office there? This will be our 4th time at Wayne, but the first time to go without any kids or beginners to slow us down. We just met a group of riders from our area that are going with us. There will be 4 400 Scramblers, 2 500 Scrambers, a Blaster and me on the 250EX. At first I was a little worried about being the slowest but after riding with these guys I have found that they have problems keeping up with me (at least on the tight stuff). If you see us on the trails say hi. I haven't been to Wayne yet without it raining, lets pray for sunshine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2001, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

BK

Yes Williams does have any office. It is the white house building just to the left of the trailhead. The problem with Williams is you never know when they will be open. But they should be open on Saturday mornings. We will probably be parking at the main corridor parking lot off of C-24. I will have my 400ex and my buddy will have his Scrambler 500. Look for my dark blue and gray dodge dakota quad cab. I hope it doesn't rain also.

Old 10-16-2001, 11:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to bust up the wishes of nice weather but it is supposed to RAIN[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] But there is a upside to this water & dirt mix Nice if you have a 4x4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Going to be MUDDY any way you look at it. May just join youns nobody want to go to Salamanca

Old 10-16-2001, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Trailwarrior

You are more than welcome to join us on Saturday. We will be hooking up with Mike V. (trx450) on Saturday at the Main Corridor parking lot (pop shack). Look for my dark blue dodge dakota quad cab 4x4.

BTW, what size is your enclosed trailer? I have been wanting to get one, but wondering how big a one to get and still be able to pull it with the dakota.

Oh, mud is not too much of a problem. Never been down there when it wasn't muddy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2001, 06:15 AM
Trailblazer

I also have a Dodge Dakota QC, but with a 5.9 and pull a 2,600 lb enclosed trailer with no problems, plus two Harley's in it. Total weight around 4000 lbs. I have a Haulmark lowhauler. 14 ft . I just bought a Triton 14 ft 4 place alum trailer that is only 500 lbs and works excellent.

My Raptor

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever bought passes ahead of time for Wayne Ntl For. ?