Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MOUNDS,Toys for Tots benefit ,[[Saturday,Nov 3rd]],Mt Morris Michigan!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 02:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to ad my support for TRUELY a WORTHY CAUSE, (T4T) THANKS MATVA, MARINE CORP. and to the MOUNDS for hosting this event. These are just the types of things NEEDED to IMPROVE our RELATIONSHIPS with the COMMUNITIES as well as fellow riders. Considering all the toys WE have (ie. quad/bikes) I feel somewhat HUMBLED by children going without during this time of year (Christmas). No, we cant TOUCH everyone, but making some kid SMILE, even for one day, by far is worth every, and any $ WE can bring. THANKS to everyone who CONTRIBUTES. Plus if you never been to this 3D terraine "THE MOUNDS" , you'll have a BLAST.

see ya all there

Scott
01' Rancher ES
91' KX 80

Old 11-01-2001, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

hey all,
well im gonna be able to make it up after all. bill, you've heard my bike, do you think it will pass the db test? i do have a spark arrester on it! scott, hate to ask you in this manner but do you still have my dennis kirk mag? can you bring it if you do, thanks. i should be there around 8 or 9. see you guys later tim

Old 11-01-2001, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tim,
I think your quad should pass.If its a close call,I'll use my charm to get you in [I hope].Should be a good turn out.My self,Jeff V and the President[of MATVA,not the USA!]will be at Gillies having breakfast at 7am Saturday morning.Join us if you guys can?Once your get to the 126 mile marker on I-75,that is Mt Morris rode.Take it to Dort Hwy and go Right [or south] to the first street light.Gillies is on that corner.MAN IM HUNGRY!

Bill

Old 11-02-2001, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

I was thinking about going to the mounds this weekend, for the first time. I have two questions about the mounds. First is it real muddy. because i like to go through the mud to see what my quad can do. And the second is how long are they open till like what time do they open and close and what date does it close on. i just heard of the place from a friend never knew it even existed until now. i heard its not real big. so im guessing that it is not a very good place to ride but im going to find out saturday. who knows i might be wrong

98 polaris 400l sport for speed
01 honda rubicon With 2000 lbs warn winch for the mud
00 dodge ram 2500 4x4 to tow the toys with

Old 11-02-2001, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

Brandon, check your oct. 18 post or the sept 5 post....very wet/muddy is your answer.
mon-sat 8:00 a.m. to sundown (sun noon to sundown). March 15 - May 15 (only 10 acres open) for the spring thaw. 200 acres 3D terraine. Well Worth our hour drive (legal).
I can show you around also..Look for the green and tan 97' F-150 4x4 (no trailer)

Yes, Tim I will bring the MAG. And you'll pass without a problem, Bill does. lol

Bill, will try to be there (Gillies) but at my usuall breakfest time, 1/2 hour late, lol, WAKE ME UP.

Scott and Rich
01' Rancher ES
91' KX 80

Old 11-02-2001, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

For those interested?I talked Rich into bringing up his gas BBQ grill with him to the Toys for Tots event.I bought 12 Brats,Chuck is bringing a few packages of Brats to,and Jeff V is bringing some Dogs and buns.If you guys wanna join in,just bring something to throw on the BBQ.

Bill

Old 11-02-2001, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Just talked to Joe. He and I may ride together to the Mounds. I'll drive to his house, then ride the rest of the way with him. That should take some of the pressure off my back... See you by 10a.m.
Chuck

Old 11-02-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

What's up with the guy that was killed there (the Mounds) this week? Heard he was riding by himself and didn't run into anything, and a punctured lung and ruptured spleen among other injuries. How "3D" is this place?

Old 11-03-2001, 06:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

95 Warrior,
I did'nt hear anything about anyone killing themselves out at the Mounds,but I'll look into it this morning and report back tonight.

3D?
I dont think thats an accurate account of the Mounds.The Mounds is 200 acres of assorted trails/hills/mud and two way traffic.You must allways be on the ''alert'' for the other guy.And currently,trail maintenance is a HUGE issue on the inner trails.Branches and limbs are NOT cut and pose an inniment danger to inexperienced user's who are not paying attention.I've bitched about this on SEVERAL occasions to park management,but it appears that paving the entrance way into the parking lot is more important than maintaining a trailway so it does'nt pose a threat of injury to its user's?

What a WASTE of FUNDS!

Bill

Old 11-04-2001, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

I was shocked to hear the mishap of the individual on the grounds at Mounds. We always tell folks, the Mounds, is a very good training facility but be careful because it can hurt you if you are an inexperienced rider. I'm so sorry to this gentlemen's family.
Good outing today guys. Think we have a few more members to ride with and we collected a lot of toys for a good cause. Well done. Bill, I think you had the most people show up. But Rich, made the most friends...
Chuck

Quick Reply: MOUNDS,Toys for Tots benefit ,[[Saturday,Nov 3rd]],Mt Morris Michigan!