Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MOUNDS,Toys for Tots benefit ,[[Saturday,Nov 3rd]],Mt Morris Michigan!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saturday,
the 3rd of November,MATVA,the Marine Corps,along with the Genesee County Parks and Rec will hold their very first ''TOYS for TOT's'' benefit AT THE MOUNDS.

Bring a un opened gift valued above 5 bucks[remember,this is for a charitable event]or a ''CASH'' donation and receive a voucher worth 5 bucks off your next visit to the Mounds or you can get 5 bucks off your 2002 resident sticker?The choice is your's.

This event will go on from around 8am-6pm and will benifit needy kids for Christmas.Its also a great time to get to know members of MATVA.The President[of MATVA,not of the USA]will be there and so will other MATVA members.We hope to have a GREAT turn out.Look for the HUGE MATVA trailor,we look forward to this event and helping out needy children with a gift they might otherwise not receive?

May God bless you for your thougtfullness,
Bill

Old 10-22-2001, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

bill,
looking forward to that weekend. as of that day i do not have to work, though that can change at a moments notice. plus sunday is the big 30 for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] anyways if there is anything i may able to do to help please let me know. thanks tim

Old 10-22-2001, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

I been waiting for this post Bill. I knew sooner or later you would get around to it. Also we need to mention that cash and check donations also accepted. Checks made out to Toys for Tot's. For those who listen to B95 in the Flint area they will also be helping us out on the advertising on the "Buick City Billboard". I am looking forward to an excellent turnout.

Jeff

Old 10-23-2001, 08:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Jeff,
thank you for reminding me of the all important acceptance of CASH donations to.Everything helps and its all goes to a GREAT cause.

Bill

Old 10-29-2001, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

This Saturday is our first Toys for Tots drive. We are looking for the support of all Michigan riders that can donate. Last year the Toys for Tot's organization in our area took care of 5,000 kids for Christmas. With the tragic events of this year and the seperated families this Christmas their goal is 10,000. Please check out Scramble for Tot's 2001 for all the details. Each person who brings a toy receives a $5.00 off coupon for their next trip to the Mounds.

Please help make this a very successful event.

Thanks to all,
Jeff

(Please comment and keep this thread at the top until Sat. Nov. 3)

Old 10-31-2001, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

I'm thinking about going but have a few questions.

Is there any chance I won't be able to get in to ride? Is there a limit as to how many people they allow in the parking lot? I'll be driving a good 3 hours to get there and don't want to be told I have to leave because the place is full.

Will I get hassled because my 400ex is piped (w/o spark arrestor) or should I play it safe and ride my Son's stock 250EX?

Is there a lot of mud? I HATE MUD!

Last question: Is the admission charge per vehicle or per person riding?

Thanks in advance,
SMC

Old 10-31-2001, 07:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Moto,
dont worry to much about this place being SO packed that you cant get in,especially on a Saturday.Sundays are their busiest days and I've never seen them turn anyone away for being over crowded.

Addmission is 8 bucks per rider per day for non residents.Or tell them your a Genesee County resident and pay 5 bucks for each ATV/rider you have.They do DEFINATELY check exaust sound levels and check for a Spark Arrester.If there is ANY chance you are NOT under 94 db sound level when they check you and your not spark arrested,you wont get to ride.Thats not just park rules,thats the LAW in Michigan.Better to play it SAFE and be on a ATV that you know for sure will pass the DB sound level!Hate to see you travel that far and NOT ride.

There is MUD,lots of it.Its YOUR choice to go around these mud pits or chance driving thru them,either way,there is ALLWAYS someone around on the wk ends to pull you out.There's alot of 4x4 ATVs and most all the guys would gladly pull out a fellow ATVer if he EVER needed the help.I'll be there with my big 4x4 ATV also.

Look for the HUGE MATVA trailor when you enter the MOUNDS,my name is Bill and I'll be glad to help you out with any further questions you may have.I'll be around the MATVA trailor most of the day.I can maybe even show you around the riding area a few times so you get to know the place?How old is your son that rides the 250ex?I have a 21yr old who rides also.

Bill

Old 10-31-2001, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Bill,

Thanks for all the info., you really helped me out. I'm trying to talk someone into coming with me but I'll probably end up going myself. If I can make it I'm planning on being there around 10:00-11:00 so I'll look you up and take you up on your tour. I'll be driving a green Ranger with a 250EX in the back. I'd bring my Son & Daughter along (he's 8 & she's 12) but they're at their Dad's this weekend.

SMC

Old 10-31-2001, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

Bill,

Were you the one explaining the Toys For Tots event after the MATVA group ride on October 20th? Just curious, trying to remember everyone's names [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, we can't make it this weekend, but did send a check yesterday, made payable to Toys For Tots to MATVA's P.O. Box in Dearborn. Just wanted to make sure you got it in time.

Hope the event goes well !!

Kirk & Marian

Old 10-31-2001, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kirk,
no,that was not me.I was instructing a ASI and MATVA safety class the wk end of the memberships trail ride.I sure wanted to be there,but you know how that goes?Thank you for your contribution to Toys 4 Tots,it goes towards a worthy cause.

SMC,
I look forward to showing you around.

Bill

Quick Reply: MOUNDS,Toys for Tots benefit ,[[Saturday,Nov 3rd]],Mt Morris Michigan!