Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

any good riding areas in northern/northeastern wisconsin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bwarndog~
Sorry I haven't responded lately. I haven't had a chance to even check my email until today. When I get home later tonight(after midnight), I will check some maps and see what I can come up with.

Michimaniac~
Iron county might as well be called ATV county. Just about every road, street, or highway is designated an ATV route. Trails are fantastic, and if you want to bypass part of the trail, you can jump on a fire lane and get to where you want.

Old 11-15-2001, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

thats ok wiscrambler, i know how that is like, thanx for looking in the maps, that will really help me, where do u get maps of atv trails? i look all over, but can never find any. thanx again

Old 11-16-2001, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

Wiscrambler,

Thanks for the description of Iron Co. Funny that from Kalamazoo(SW MI.)it's actually longer traveling the full length of our great state to the western border than going through part of IN. pretty much all of OH. and a good chunk of W.V. to get to Hatfield/McCoy!(probably shorter if you went through Chicago,but......) Gotta go there!

Thanks again,

John

Old 11-16-2001, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Bwarndog~
The only riding I've done in Langlade county was near Antigo. That was about 10 years ago when the WATVA had their annual winter ride in Antigo. I do not have any maps of that county or Winnebago county. The best way to get maps is to call or write to the DNR office in the county you are interested in. They will most likely send you free maps and other info regarding hotels and food or whatever lese you're interested in.

Old 11-16-2001, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

ok, thats ok, thanx for looking anyway, i will write to the dnr. thanx

Old 11-30-2001, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

I know this post is getting old but I thought I would input my 2 cents. Iron county trails get my vote. They range from smooth grades to very very difficult trails that would swollow an argo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The scenery is nice and it has never been crowded when I have gone. I usually make a day trip by starting out in Mercer at the parking lot in town and heading north into hurley and then back down. Its easy to get 75+ miles in a day going at a liesurely rate. The Parrish trails are also pretty good but they don't have the system Iron county does. The only thing I don't like about the trail system is that the trails aren't marked that well. You can get a trail map sent to you by going to http://www.ironcountywi.com/trails.htm

Matt