Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone riding WNF athens Friday 23rd or Saturday 24th?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late post, but we just decided to go to WNF tomorrow...

anyone else riding this weekend?

We're only a group of 3 this time...

Brad

Old 11-26-2001, 10:21 AM
Range Rover

Did you guys have fun??
We rode Sunday. There were just four of us this time. I must say, the trails we rode on were in great shape. Muddy..but in great shape. Some of those hills that were getting gnarly .. I hardly recognized them Sunday since they filled them in and smoothed'em out!! I did a 'double take' on the stair-case hill along the MC. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Even went up the hill on 278 that we have always avoided.
Kinda made us nervous hearing the gun shots though!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Did come up on a wreck on the MC. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Some poor guy on a Suz. dirt bike washed out on one of the bridges and broke his leg. I feel terrible for him. It was slick as sin in some spots, especially the bridges. I hope he recovers OK.
Later, Sher

Old 11-26-2001, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

We rode friday and part of saturday. The trails are still in great shape. Friday night we rode from the middle of dorr run loop, to new straitsville and back. What a great night ride! 22 miles each way (I love my new trail tech speedo). We avoided rock hill @ 278, was it fixed? We just did our normal run around the side, other than that we followed the trail all the way. The stair case on MC is really nice now that they've fixed it, I blasted right up it.. no more working to get to the top.

Saturday we rode for about 4 hours, exploring some none desiganted trails off dorr run. What a nice weekend it was, we were wearing t-shirts and jeans, in late november! We packed up and left about 5 mins before the rain started on saturday, what prefect timing.

Well that was probably my last ride until July of next year. I have some surgery scheduled in early Jan, and I won't be allowed to ride for 4 or 5 months <sigh>.. I was just happy to get out one last time...

Old 11-26-2001, 05:11 PM
Range Rover

Yep, the hill @ 278 is fixed!!! Personally, I have never seen for myself just how gnarly that hill was and I'll never know now. lol. I told the guys that I was curious about it. Soooo, they took us over there Sunday to show us just how bad it was. Low and behold....it was fixed!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We sat back for a few minutes to let some other riders come down, then we flew up that hill.
We rode 35.32 miles Sunday. Yep, that Trail Tech speedo is very handy isn't it!!! My husband has one his 440ex.
I hope you heal up and recover soon after your surgery....next July is a long time to go without riding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Your poor Raptor... j/k
Later Brad...
Sherri

Old 11-29-2001, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey SLB... check out This Thread and let me know if your interested

Brad