Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

First Annual Freeze your BUTT off at WNF Dec 7th - 9th

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to start a new tradition with my group. Our first annual freeze your butt off last full weekend at WNF. Seeing how WNF closes down Dec 15th, Dec 7th to the 9th is the last full weekend, so I plan on taking advantage of it.

We will be camping @ dorr run loop. Yes, tent camping! I plan on bringing a truck load (or so) or firewood to keep us warm.

We will be planning at least one ride from Dorr Run Loop to new straightsville, all 42 miles round trip, most likely Saturday after noon.

The weather is looking to be mid 40s during the day, mid 20s at night, good ole riding weather!

If anyone wants to join up with us, I'll be happy to give directions to our campsite.
All we ask is:
A - No kids.. it's an adult weekend..
B - No Whiners.. ya it's cold.. get over it.. AND RIDE
C - That you like to ride, and that you can RIDE..
D - We like to drink a couple rounds next to the fire at night.. but we don't deal with with people who get stupid falling down fighting drunk..
E - That you want to have a good time.. and meet new people..

This trip isn't 100% on yet.. I need to get at least 5 to 10 response to make it worth while.. (5 to 10 people).. I think I have 4 already from my group..

Old 11-29-2001, 05:18 PM
Range Rover

I like your idea Brad!!! It sounds like fun. A LOT of fun. I hope you have a good turn out.
We have a ride planned for that Sunday. Rob (my husband) will most likely be working that Saturday, 3-11 shift. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] IF, and that is a big IF, he gets Saturday off...I'll definitely keep this in mind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll let ya know.
Will you still be around Sunday to ride some??
Later...Sher

Old 11-29-2001, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry that Rob has to work on Saturday.. bummer.. If he doesn't work, I'd really like to have you guys show up if possible...

I don't know about sunday yet.. we general pull out at a decent hour, as we have a 2.5 hour drive back to cincy, then we still have to clean up and store stuff..

Just trying to get the word out.. it'd be nice to say goodbye to the 01 riding season on the last weekend.. I know I was there for the first full weekend also..

Brad

Old 12-03-2001, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

B.B.---Hope you have a good ride. Don't think I am going to make it as I have a party on Sunday. There is a SLIM chance of "skying" out Sunday early afternoon. I'll be in the area anyway(Athens).
Plan on hooking up with some locals this winter and riding some non-WNF trails around New Straitsville, Murray City, Buchtel areas. These trails interconnect with WNF trails. Should be REAL interesting in the SNOW!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2001, 11:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like it will be a great time.....too bad I won't be able too join in. If I can offer a bit of advise, those tents get EXTREMELY cold in the middle of the night...especially this time of year, so bring everything you can too keep warm. The upside to riding this time of year is much less riders to deal with on the trails ('cause it's freakin' cold!!...haha).

Old 12-05-2001, 09:21 PM
Range Rover

Brad are you guys still planning on the ride this weekend? I am going to try and make it but probably wont be there to saturday early morning. I ride a yellow ex. Can you gigive me good directions to your campsite coming from cleveland? thanks and hope to see you there.

scott

Old 12-06-2001, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

BRAD--- May see you out there. I am going to go Sun. My crew will leave Mon. Creek, for D.R. loops at @ 10:15. There'll be mostly sport bikes lots of Hondas, a Raptor, couple of other Yamahas, and me on the 4-Man. 8-10 bikes I would estimate. SLB will be easy to spot, her 400 EX is yellow.

Old 12-08-2001, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

where is it at?
i have a few friends who want to ride too. we ride at hanging rock Ohio, it is part of the wayne national forest too. we ride hard and have a hell of a time. let me know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]hard