Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Fun Wheeler Park... STRANGE Machines

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2000, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, we went to Fun Wheeler Park Yesterday... what a blast....!!!!
If any of the strange contraptions are at Karnack this year.... EVERYBODY should bring a camera...
There was a Honda 450S (yellow) It had some freaky kinda tire and wheel combo that was about 2-3 inches wide, and about 3' tall (YES 3 feet!)
They were mounted on "wagon wheel type spoke rims... What these rims ever actually went on, I have no idea...
Where it used to say Honda on the tank, it now says RAWHIDE!!....
I saw a Sportsman with what looked to be All terrain truck tires, several machines with 28" Vampires, snorkels on everything....
I have a few pics but they arent of anything very good.... I WILL get more next time....

Old 02-06-2000, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

I saw that honda with tha weird lookin wheels....looked as if he was runnin ag tires on em....I only got stuck once but had lots of fun even though my machine broke down and my fathers also....atleast we got to ride a few hours....I also saw that honda with tha weird lookin tires bein drug in...seems like lots of that happened this weekend...oh well be ready for tha best run of tha year comin up soon

Also about the Karnack ride....definately bring your camera....i talked to a guy who is building a quad just for the Karnack mudrace...he didnt tell me a whole lot about it xept that it has the body of an old polaris 350 and through lots of cuttin and weldin in stuffin a 200hp motor in it and it will be chain drive front and rear...he told me this at the hallsville ride and i talked to him again at fun wheeler....said it will be ready for karnack

Old 02-06-2000, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

I went back out there today and rode for almost 5 hours.... we took Mocassin Slough about 5 or 6 times today..... Those holes are getting deeper every time I pass thru them.
What happened to your machine? Fixable?
That place is A LOT better than it was when we went out there opening weekend....
Thats interesting about the Karnack mud Special..
I wonder how he's gonna put that much H.P. thru the chain drive..?.... It WILL be interesting!!
Did you see the blonde on the Artic Cat at the races yesterday....?? She was banging gears like a pro...

Old 02-06-2000, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

All that wrong with mine is tha battery...pull start is messed up so i just got tired of jumping it off everytime i was gonna go out ridin.....i didnt see the mudrace i was playin in tha slough...i figured it was just racin around the duck pond like last time and i dont care for that much...it is just water.....It is a lot better since it opened and i was surprised to see all the little mudholes on the way to the river....they werent there a while back

Old 02-07-2000, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just wanted to make sure you guys new when the East Texas ATV Adventure is going to take place...Its the last weekend of February. We have made a few new trails the last few weekends, because the lack of rain has ruined a few of our better ones. We will have the mud run at a different place this year, it should be even better. I hope the 200hp machine is tough. Anyway, just wanted to make sure ya'll were coming.