Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ocala National Forrest

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 07:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Kuntry...were you driving a white truck pulling an enclosed trailer? I stopped by and talked with someone from Augusta and told that person I had an uncle who lived in McBean. My wife and I were on our way to the trails when we stopped by...It's a small world, if that wasn't you, someone else from your area in Georgia was there also. Lake Delancy is towards the north end of the Ocala National Forest. We plan on riding up there soon. I'll take some pictures and post them on the approriate forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

My dad and I were set up right at the exit point in the fence (bad place to live way too much noise). I have a white F250 (no enclosed trailer yet but I want one, does that count?) and he was in his Green GMC. We are both from Albany, GA however uncle sam has me at Fort Benning, GA.
Did you by chance see the ggroup with the Griz 660w/vamps and the SP700? I went on a ride with those guys Sat night. I took them east down the powerline to the swamp crossings because they wanted some mud. It was halarious. They had gold lined pockets from the way they were treating those brand spanken new machines. I seen them fully submerged, turned over in the swamps, hit the mud holes a 40mph and buried to the seat in muck. They had lots of money but no sense.
I am gona try to make it back down sometime in Feb probably close to the middle of the month.

Kuntry
2000 Sp 500
ETC.........

Old 01-24-2002, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

Hey, Kuntry...Yes, I did see those ATVs with the big tires. We were on that same row just closer to the entrance. I have a blue chevy truck and I was pulling a black open trailer. Our friends were driving a green chevy truck pulling a black open trailer. There were quite a few ATVs out there this past weekend. It's not normally that crowded. I think because hunting season being over and probably lots of new ATVs from Christmas, there were lots of desires to ride. I used to ride all over the place out there back in the seventies in a 4WD truck. There wasn't too many places I hadn't been. I'm sure you went west from Big Scrub to the Blue Sink, everyone does. Back when I used to ride out there in my truck, if you didn't know how to get to Blue Sink you'd get lost. Now, all you have to do is follow the roads. Did you ride up towards HalfMoon Lake? There's some nice looking sites up that way. It's close to 20 miles northeast from Big Scrub through the woods. Be sure and let me know when you come back down and we'll hook up and ride. Maybe we can get some others on this forum to ride also.

Old 01-25-2002, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, let me know if you come up with a date to hook up for a ride. I'll bring the DS but if we hit any deep mud I'll be needing a 4x4 ATV to pull me out. Also are there any decibel limits there and if so do I really need to worry about the noise with the rangers? I have a new pipe and its LOUD.

Old 01-26-2002, 09:01 AM
Range Rover

Ooops....I mentioned Halfmoon Campground is northeast from Big Scrub, it's really northwest. It's a wonder I got back to the camp with no better sense of direction than that...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2002, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey preacherman, contact me sometime. I am also a local but I dont have the extensive knowledge of the Big Scrub trail system that you do. Maybe I can tag along with you and your group sometime.You arent just kidding about how big and easy it is to get lost out there. We rode for 4 hours one day and still couldnt find camp until we lucked up and found the paved part of 588 next to hwy 40! Looking foward to hearing from you and meeting up for a good trail ride! Look for me out there some times
86 lt230 quadsport-new yellow plastic
01 bayou220-green
01 recon250-beige
light blue ranger p/u with trailer pulling all 3 quads!
bobcatv8@yahoo.com

Old 01-27-2002, 08:25 AM
Range Rover

Preaherman,
I think I know my way around pretty good down there but with out pullin out a map every hundred yards I couldn't tell you if I was looking at the coast or the st johns river. The only places I haven't been are dew south of scrubs and out past the bombing range. I have heard alot of talk about Halfmoon lake, I did see a large lake with some houses around it but I am pretty sure it was S/west of scrub. There is also a somewhat large lake west on the powerline. If either of those are h-lake then I seen it, if not then I might have seen it but I just don't know it.
Yeah I will holler when Uncle Sam will let me leave Ft Benning again to head that way.

Kuntry
2000 SP 500
ETC...............

Old 01-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

Hey, Kuntry...sounds like you were at Well's Pond. If you went north from there and came up on a big prairie, you were at Halfmoon. I'll get hooked up with bocatv8 and we'll get some trails figured out so when you come back down we can all ride together. I took some pictures today so when I figure out how to download them I'll post them here somewhere.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]