Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone ride in nw illinois?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am going up to a small town of antioch illinois for almost 2 months and there is no way i can got that long w/o riding...does anyone live up there or no places to ride up there????

Old 01-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

kawmo

depending on how far you want to drive there is a off road park in ottawa il.

here is the link
http://www.megacross.com/ find the fox valley off road link it is a pretty cool park.

and if you really want to go riding go to http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/ i know it is a little far for you but it is worth the trip. let me know if you are going to go i will meet you at either place. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2002, 03:05 AM
Range Rover

Yup I have been to both. They are both good. But Ottawa charges 20 dollars a day and isnt that big. They are working on getting more land that will double the area if they get it. ALL VIRGIN FOREST. (thats why its so high right now) I cant wait if the guy gets the other land. They have a track there too with some jumps that the guy usually keeps well groomed. Some good hill climbs that stuff. They do have a membership which would be cheaper if you plan on going more than 10 times a year. The badlands over at Attica Indiana is just as it sounds!! ITs bad A$$!!. its like 900 acres of riding and has everything you want. SAND DUNES and everything. Where exactly do you live or staying at? You are welcome to ride with me too. I'll try to meet you in ottawa too if you want to go some weekend. What kind of atv do you have?

Old 01-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

TRX250EXER
so you bought your 250ex at Garrels how did they treat you there...the Badlands are a good place to ride there is a sportsmans club for dirt bikes and and atvs but i havent got to much information yet keep forgetting to call them and if you really want some good riding take a trip to Land Between the Lakes i think its better than the Badlands only problem Badlands 2hr drive LBL 6hr drive but worth it

Old 01-29-2002, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

TRX250EXER

we are planning a trip to the badlands if you are interested in going. it is going to be on Feb 9.
two or three of us have quads and a couple of my friends are bringing their jeeps. drop me an e-mail if you want to go.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2002, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

I'll see if I can, Probably not cause that's my older sister's birthday and I have no idea what the family has planned. Where exactly is frankfort? If I do decide to ever go, do you guys have a way to swing by and load my quad too? I dont have a truck yet to haul my quad around. I have to sell my car first. Im still trying to get all the sand out of my brakes and shocks now. So if you guys ever go any time other than the 9th I will probably go.

Old 01-29-2002, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

o and I dont care much for garrel's, I did okay but they kinda screwed my friends over on the prices. A few years back my stepdad was gonna buy a honda shadow there but ended up getting it down at Sportland's instead. Y? Because he got it $1500 cheaper. Plus their shop rate is cheaper I think. So I am going to sportland from now on if I need something expensive.
And I really want to try LBL sometime, Im trying to talk my friends on going there this spring. EXriders.com is having a ride down there the first weekend in April I think. You really think its better than the badlands?? Thats cool

Old 01-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

TRX250EXER

i am about 30 to 35 miles just south of chicago. thats why i talk about fox valley. it is only about 45 minutes for me to go to. but i would much rather goto the badlands any day of the week. i am always up for going riding. so if i can swing by do you still want to go on the 9th. let me know so i know what kind of plans i need to make.

Old 01-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

i personally believe it is better just so many more trails 2500acres we were there two days and didnt travel to many of the same trails...you cant be scared of hills cause there are alot of steep hills and alot are very technical...we are to be goin to the Badlands around the 9th of march...i went to order my pipe air filter and KN from garrels and they said if i get it from them they will keep my warrenty i went in the day it was supposed to be there and they told me they didnt order cause one piece they couldnt order so i said forget them went home and ordered it from High Lifter

Old 01-30-2002, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

Yeah when I ordered my stuff I got ripped I think. I could of got my pipe 50 dollars cheaper and They told me they didnt make a power it for my quad yet so I had to order everything separate. That made me a little mad. They have them on the net. So the only thing Im gonna buy there is cheap things. I might be buying some new bars here soon because I bent mine. But thats about it. I also bent my rear bumper but im building my own grab bar.