Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Rules at FunWheeler Park?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they require you to wear a helmet? What about noise pollution? Anything about a decibel level?

Old 01-21-2002, 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

HELMET?????? do you mean that you would ride w/o one????,,my reasoning:: a drunk runs off the road and kills a guy on a quad,the paper will read::ATV'er gets killed,not wearing a helmet! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have been to funwheeler park. There are no rules, and they make you sign a waiver when you come in. I don't want to stress this enough as I work for a children's hospital in Dallas. If you have children under 18, put a helmet on their head. You as an adult can make your own decisions and thus pay the consequences for your actions, but a child just follows your example. It does not matter if you are only going 5 to 10 mph that rock still does not cusion a fall. I have picked up 2 children who were not wearing helmets and it is not a pretty site, let alone the guilt the parent feels. I will climb down off my soapbox now.

Old 01-21-2002, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

let me add to dillas23 , my cousin is alive but only by luck and life flight! he only hit a dog but the atv hit and landed on his NON-protected mellon, er at our hospital expected him to die in flight to cleveland metro, there the docs drilled a hole in his skull and placed fiberoptic presssure reading thing to keep track of the blood pressure around his brain. Again he is very lucky, he never rides w/o his lid. ill step off the soap box now![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

Don't ever get off your soapbox about helmets ro other protective gear. Ive had open heart surgery ( Sternum split wide open ) I still ride hard race hard and have crashed hard I survived only because of my helmet and chest protector. Ride HARD but be ready to crash. It will come some day

Old 01-22-2002, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I wear a helmet. I just wanted to get the lay of the land so to speak. I ride in a group and they asked me to find out. By the way, if you're hit by a car, you're dead anyway. Kids shouldn't ride in bad terrain, with or without gear, period.
I appreciate the one useful answer I recieved.

Old 01-22-2002, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

If you are wanting the lay of the land then let me tell you. If your group wears helmets yall will get wierd looks all day long. After riding there for over 2 years, I will say that I have probably seen no more than 20 helmets there.

Old 01-22-2002, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Who cares what others think... Wear the helmet... People that don't are just asking for trouble... About 3 years ago I was riding in the woods..Well I did not see the stump on the right side of the trail... Next thing I know my wife is trying to wake me up... Smashed face shield cracked helmet... Yep and a big A$$ tree with my name on it....

Old 01-22-2002, 11:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Mr.Slinger,yes if a car hits you your dead,the point was that the quad world would suffer! The greenies would like to close your and any fun park.If you wanted to know about the lay of the land,you simply should have asked,instead you asked about helmets and noise levels.I think its obvious to all that you dont wear a helmet.sorry to have bothered you with common sence.

Old 01-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry, it seems I opened a can of worms. I frankly think that if you are over 18 it is your choice if you prefer to wear a helmet or
not. I just feel that all children under 18 need to have a helmet. They are not old enough to make their own decision even at 17. I also feel if they don't want to wear one then they DON'T RIDE! Just my .02 cents though.

Quick Reply: Rules at FunWheeler Park?