Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Delta County Board Approves ORV Ordiance

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Mac
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, we can ride in Delta County, Upper Michigan on the shoulders of the county roads.

The county board of commissioners approve this ordiance with some exclusions where not to ride in Wells Township.

So, Let's hope we don't abuse this and enjoy the ride in the three county area, Dickinson, Menominee and now Delta.

Mac

Old 05-03-2002, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Is Marquette County legal to ride on the side of county roads?

I know that some of the townships up here allow it, but bro-in-law was riding on side of county road and a state trooper stopped him with a warning. Stated that it didnt matter what the township stated that it was STATE law that mattered.

Some of the troopers up here are "big headed". (trying to be polite) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I am going to call the township RIGHT NOW and find out...will post in a minute.

Jonathan

Old 05-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well now, this is getting interesting....

I just spoke to the Tildon twsp. and they are passing ordinance for atv's. Ishpeming has not. Marquette county has not either.

I would really like to start a petition and go to the board meeting and see what we can do. With having Delta, Menominee, Dickenson on board, it would be nice to see Marquette too. This would open up alot of areas for us to ride. I also spoke with the sheriff's dept. in Ishpeming. They stated that several of the snowmobile trails cross private property (including the sheriff himself) and that is the problem with riding on these trails. The Property owners allow snowmobiles but NOT atv's. Reasoning behind this?: Pot plants, trash, and damage to property. I am learning MORE and MORE everyday that i am up here.

Keep up the info Mac
Jonathan

Old 05-03-2002, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

Jonathan, It depends on the township you are in. In Forsyth it is legal. In others it is not, Usually If your ridding the shoulder and not going over the speed limit they will not mes with You. But there are some state Boy that will.

Mac, When are we going ridding???

Old 05-04-2002, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous...

Old 05-04-2002, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

Wow a bunch of Yoopers! Hey Mac I'm from Escanaba. I was born and raised there!

We ride up at our camp in between Rapid River and Marquette in Ohmer(sp?) township.

I went to Rapid River school systems but alot of my cousins are from Escanaba and I lived there until the 4th grade. I'm 30 now so it's been a few years.

Do you know Brandon Flinn?

Old 05-05-2002, 07:17 PM
Mac
Range Rover

No, I really don't know Brandon Flinn. I only ride the Cedar River ORV Trail on my own and ride with some freinds over near Norway and torwards Ralph and La Branch.

Mac, I will be riding hopefully the week of Memorial Day if the Flooding of the Trails get open. I right now have family in town and will be preoccupied for the next two weekends. I guess I only can say is in June at the 7th and 8th Poker Run over at Hulbert Mi. Jack, Lee and I have resv at the Sno Shu Inn.

Mac