Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kentucky?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a place in Central/Eastern KY or Southern OH where a
sport quad can really stretch its legs. I've found plenty of
woods riding spots, but can't really find any open land where you
can use a sport quad to its fullest. Any suggestions?

Old 06-28-2002, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

We have just returned from a trip last weekend where (9) nine of us were able to open the bikes up and let them breath. Friday night we went with a local (Todd Nenni - www.wvtrailguides.org) who took us to some local trails not on the map that were awesome. We spent Saturday on the Hatfield & McCoy Trail System (Williamson, WV)Buffallo Mountain Trail Head at the Rev. Compton Park. Most of the ride was third and fourth gear. Saturday night we hooked up with Todd again and rode some strip mining roads that went for 60+ miles (5th gear wide open)as fast as the Raptor would go. Sunday, Todd took us to some more private trails that were 60 inches wide but very fast. You truly felt like you were flying through the woods. This past weekend was the best riding we have ever done in our life. Todd knows the best trails to take you on based on what kind of riding you want to do.

Todd lives in Matewan, WV which borders Kentucky and probably only a couple hours drive for you. He also can hook you up with a nice private campground. You will not be disappointed.

Old 06-28-2002, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds great! I'll definitely check it out. That would make a great long weekend.

Old 07-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

I was there too, that was a pretty wild bunch! Just kidding, Thanks for the reference Bart. Glad you guys had a good time.

I rode with mike and Kieth Saturday. Mike got the full yoshimura exhaust. We rode for about 4 hours without stopping over in the lenore/dingess area. Strecthed em out pretty good. I got the xcr holeshots in for the rear and I am very satisfied with them. Well, better get back to work, hope to see you guys soon.

Old 07-08-2002, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

Todd, all the guys keep talking about is coming back over and riding with you again. They all want to hit Miller's Creek on Saturday. Mr Epling talked about it with them and along with your comments have made it sound like a "must do" next time. By the way, I got a Speedo Computer for the Raptor, tried it Sunday and I like it a lot. I also bought a Pro-Flow kit for the Raptor and the air filter is about twice the size of the original K & N. I'll let you know when we can all get our schedules open and book another weekend with you. See Ya