Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Maryland/Northern VA/W VA

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maryland/Northern VA/W VA

I posted a couple of days ago about riding the watershed in Frederick, MD saying what a good place it was to ride. Well, I got busted by the park rangers yesterday up there. I got off with a warning, since this was the first time they caught me, but they told me that it was a criminal offense since it was on public land. Anyone ever hear that before? I can't imagine they would through you in jail for riding a quad. What is all of this coming too? They dump plenty of state and county funds into maintaining trails up there for the mountian bikers but threaten to through quad riders in jail??? Dosen't seem right.

Also, if you're a quad rider and interested in gaining access to a great area in Frederick MD, e-mail me at the address below. I'm going to do some research and try to organize some sort of group to fight for access to the water shed. We pay the taxes that keep it open to the mountial bikers...we should have some limited access at the very least.

e-Mail: trespas2003@yahoo.com

Old 02-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

Hey racindevil, where do ride in Glen Burnie ? I used to live down that way. I am now out in Woodbine, in Howard County, and am looking for some more close places to ride.

Too Bad about the watershed Tick, I was gonna ask you about that since Im only about 20 mins away. Glad you got off though.

Old 02-16-2003, 07:05 AM
Trailblazer

I live in Frederick as well and I am looking to hook up with someone who has a trailer with an extra spot on it for my Z . I have a small private riding area that is nice but I am interested in trying some of these other riding areas! I am 48 so I am not into the MX thing but would be interested in the GNCC type stuff. I too see plenty of quads on trucks and trailers and have not yet learned the secret handshake to get in on where these people are riding! LOL! I know that there is a place in Breezewood that is open year round except for Tuesday's. If any of you guys wouldn't mind hauling an old fart along with you I would really appreciate it! I would be more than willing to chip in on gas and expenses. Let me know and by the way I am retired so I am also available during the week. Thanks, Robert