Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Need Help With Hatfield-McCoy

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Hatfield-McCoy

I am planning a trip the weekend of April 4-7. I have never been down there and I am not sure where to stay or what trail system to ride. I am going with a friend was just recently recovered from an injury so I want a trail system that has plenty of easy and medium riding. I dont think he could handle much difficult stuff yet. Any ideas on what system might be the best and also where to stay.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

I would suggest trying the Water ways trailhead first, as it is by far the easiest and should be the first one you approach coming in from Charleston on 119. I would suggest taking the complete outer green loop of trails. There is one section with a few minor switchbacks on a hillclimb, but that is about it. Then go on down into Logan and try Bearwallow or Rockhouse or come to Williamson and try Buffalo mtn. That is about all the moderators of this forum will allow me to say. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy our area. I think we are going to be out on the trail that entire weekend, so I hope to see you on the trails.

Old 02-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

Thanks Todd, I look forward to it.