Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Big Bay Michigan ride - 400 miles - 4 days - LOTS of mud >>>>

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all just wanted to show ya some pics of last weeks Big Bay Michigan ride. Heres 200 pics

Click this link and then click where it says "Big Bay Michigan ride pics (07-31-02) - NEW "

Big Bay Michigan ride - 400 miles - 4 days - LOTS of mud >>>>

Old 08-06-2002, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

lackdog

Cools pics. My buddy is up in the UP riding this week. Maybe I can get him to post some pics. I think he is riding around the two hearted river area. Big Bay looks awesome for riding, but not very sport quad friendly. I see you guys were wearing coats on when riding. We went riding this past sunday in southern Ohio and it was about 95 and humid. Will be awhile before the coats come back out for us.

Old 08-22-2002, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

Hey there lackdog, I was talking with Mary of the BigBbay motel and from the jist of the conversation with her, the only good mud riding is if you pay for the tour. She said that alot of the trails were only designated for their tour even though most of the land is owned by the same company. She went on to say that because of this we could not bring our GPSs and track the trails because they didn't want people going back there on there own. Could you enlighten me a little on this, because we're planning a ride up ther in September and would like to get the facts straight.

Steve

Old 08-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

lackdog,

I, too, have been getting a lot of conflicting info regarding what the owner has said and what you have posted. Please clarify.

Thanks,

John

Old 08-25-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hi sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. Anyway, what we do is we take the tour one of the days we go riding up there. We respect there "no GPS" rule and go that one day without our GPS's. They show you some unbeleivable scenic places and great area to ride. There are mud holes you can find on your own, but when you go on the tour they show you way better ones. So anyway we take the tour one day out of each trip we make up there and they take us to diff areas each time. After we get the tour out of the way for that one day we strap up the GPS's and now with a better knowledge of the area we go out on our own and start mapping. Alls you have to do is remember trails they took you on and the next day try and get back to them and map them. So i hope that helps with any confusion....HAPPY RIDING

Old 08-26-2002, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

"We 'respect' their "no GPS" rule and go that one day without our GPS's"..................

"So, anyway, we take the tour one day out of each trip we make up there and 'they take us' to diff areas each time. After we get the tour 'out of the way' for that one day; we strap up the GPS's and now with a better knowledge of the area we go out on our own and start "mapping".

My question would be: where do you tell the guy you went before you crawl back into his bed at night?...............

John

Old 08-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

What does this mean?

"My question would be: where do you tell the guy you went before you crawl back into his bed at night?..............."

That makes absolutly no sense at all.

Trending Topics

Old 08-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

"My question would be: where do you tell the guy you went before you crawl back into his bed at night?..............."

I think what he means is, if the owners of the motel (or whatever) are the ones giving the tours that you're taking, then when you go out riding without the tour guides, do you tell then where you've been riding?

Old 08-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

I figured that's what he meant, but it sounded really sarcastic. Anyway. Why would I hide where I ride?? If they ask where I rode I tell them we went back to where they took us. It's public land (mostly). They make money from the tours and they ask for no GPS's so I respect their rule and don't bring it. It's that simple. Go ahead go out on your own. If you get lost or don't find good riding don't blame me. The tours help show you the area and better places to ride so you can get familiar with the area. Last time we went there 2 people were riding there from Indiana. They went out on their own and were afraid to go far cuze they would have gotten lost. They were doing circles. Then they came out with us later that day and were so happy they did, cuze we brought them far and to areas that are hard to find. If this whole no GPS thing is such a big deal don't take the tour. It's not like you HAVE to go on it. It's just something nice the hotel owners offer for a small fee to go do some great riding. Sorry if I sound loud or upset but Michimaniac little smart *** sounding question got to me. If anyone has any more questions I'l be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. HAPPY RIDING

Dave aka LACKDOG

Old 08-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Twinshot

I guess I should've put it this way:

This guy doesn't care where you go the 'next' day after giving 'no reason' for yanking your GPS the 'first' day he takes you to Xanadu?(for a fee?). Do they tuck you in at night, also? If so, all I can say is, "here I come, BIG BAY!"

practicing my 'wink' to the proprietor,

John

Lackdog,(we posted at the same time)

Yeah, I was asking questions the way I did as the owners of the hotel (the guides you mentioned) have given me a completely different story than the one you have presented to us. If you want to call me a 'smartass' for trying to straightening this all out, fine. I've copied your comments and will fax same up to them so that we are all sure what the scoop is before driving up there. If my questions were 'out of line'; I'll admit it like a man. Otherwise, I want YOU back on here telling us all WHY my smartass question 'got to you'......

John

Quick Reply: Big Bay Michigan ride - 400 miles - 4 days - LOTS of mud >>>>