Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Poker run @ Hatfield McCoy

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002 | 01:12 PM
|
Trailblazer

I posted this a few months ago, but just wanted to be sure everybdoy that was coming this way was aware of it. The town of Matewan will have their Homecoming festivities on the weekend of Sept. 28. On that Saturday, in conjunction with the event, there will be an atv/dirtbike poker run. The winner recieves a vacation to Ft Lauderdale, FL and second prize will be a Dale Earnhardt Junior reflective plaque. Camping is also available.

We are discussing having a mud bog with the town but have'nt got a green light on it yet. For more info on the poker run, call Outback ATV at 1-304-426-5152. The poker run will take place on the Buffalo mtn section of the trail system. I will answer any of your questions, you can post them here or go too the address below. I will post more info here as I get it.

The address for all of your Hatfield / Mccoy needs is www.trailsheaven.com.

Old 08-30-2002 | 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

Todd,
We will be there this weekend. I could not find anything on the HM website about it. Do we just go to the trailhead?
Thanks
James

Old 08-31-2002 | 09:24 AM
|
Trailblazer

jlpier01,

I know that Raymond has submitted the event application and the marketing director should have already listed the info on the HM site. We are wanting to start the poker run in matewan and end it in matewan. You can send me a private message if you have any questions. I should know something in a week or so about the exact routing. We will either start at the trailhead or in matewan. I will post info here as I get it. Hope to see you there.

Old 09-03-2002 | 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I'll miss it by a week. I'll be there on Oct 5th&6th.

Old 09-04-2002 | 05:57 AM
Range Rover

Wish we could make it again, we were there last week. I think we drove by your place Todd last week, we ate at {something} Depot and rode out of town by your placed I think. Wow the trails there are pretty tough, We rode all three trailheads and Rev. Compton was definitely the hardest. That would be my only complaint, they need to have a easy trail from end to end. We all had 4wd's and liked the tough spots but we talked with several others and they thought it was to tuff. The day we were there we met a married couple that had made it to Matewan but said there was no way they were riding back that way, they ended up taking the highway back. We'll be back in the spring and will catch up with you for a tour of the good stuff. DennisC

Old 09-05-2002 | 10:41 PM
|
Trailblazer

Looking forward to it Dennis. A lot of things (big things) are getting ready to happen concerning the trail system and Matewan. I will post it all here as soon there is some confirmation to the public. You will be excited to hear it. I have heard some of the same feedback that you have given about Buffalo mtn. The new trails that will be opening up will give a few more options for novice riders. See you soon.

Old 09-09-2002 | 10:00 PM
|
Trailblazer

Just got back from a meeting in town about the event, and it looks like we got the go ahead from the town for the mud pit after the poker run. It will be a pretty good size pit, so be sure to put those extra size mud tires on before you leave home. As I get more info, I will post it here.

Old 09-10-2002 | 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Todd- Be sure to let Wrecks know about the mud hole. There's a drought here, he's "jones'n"!!!!

Old 09-10-2002 | 09:33 AM
|
Trailblazer

After running in the GNCC at Millfield, I know what you mean. There was'nt one wet spot, let alone a mud hole, on the whole track. I hope you guys get some rain, I would hate for Wrecks to have to go to rehab...

Old 09-11-2002 | 06:58 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hope the moderators don't mind me posting this link. If there is a problem, please just delete it. This is the town of Matewan's web address. They don't have the info up for the Homecoming as they are in a transition of webmasters, but there is still some basic info on the town and it's history. The site address is http://www.matewan.com

Quick Reply: Poker run @ Hatfield McCoy