Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Puget sound ride on Sat? 10/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puget sound ride on Sat? 10/14

BIgHonda That's cool we will be neighbors. you can show me the local places to ride. As for Sunday, we should be in Tahuya by 930. We will be in a White Chev P/u 1 ton. So far we have 3 quads ('00 yellow, '01 red Rebel Seat widened, '02 yellow) and 2 bikes (both yellow).

Keep an eye out for us! I will be on the 02.
I have never been there before, but we can get directions from the group here...

Directions to Tahuya: Can anyone offer some help?

Old 10-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Great,,,BigHonda,,,are you familiar with how to get to Belfair?

Some people take the ferry,,,I just take 5 south,,,to 16 over the Tacoma Narrows, to 3 south to Belfair. Once in Belfair T/R on 300 west, t/r Belfair-Tehuya rd, t/r Ephendahl Pass rd. Look for 'Ephendahl Staging Area' sign. (its only about 5-6 miles once you turn on 300)

There are a few different ways to get there,,,,i prefer this route because it is less twists and turns. My trailer brakes arent working right now, and this route seems to be the most forgiving.

I believe its about 90 miles from North Seattle.

2063960379 if you get lost

Old 10-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

Sorry I missed you guys but a friend and I went out to Shelton, a few miles south of Belfair. We hit some forest roads and some heavy gravel rolling hills. Very fast! Lots of fun. Must be 100s of miles of great quad country in mason county[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We also found a gravel pit that appears that it hasn't been used in years, would be a great spot for an overnighter and a bonfire with lots of refreshments of course.

Old 10-11-2002, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

thanks bing for the directions i will have a yellow 01 honda and i will have a jetta and a small trailer, pretty tight ride
right now i am a go but i gotta figure out a couple things before i go...first thing is get my quad running, i put my stock pipe back on because my buddy wont be ablew to jet it yet and also i want the silencer also for the pipe, that pipe is loud!!!
i think it is just the spark plug, i am hoping but not sure i got juice but it just wont kick over.
happened last time and i had a bad plug. do you guys know what else it could be? i got gas, batterey is juiced.

i might also go out on a date on sunday not sure yet when that will happen but i will let you guys know if i am going on saturday on this post

thanks guys hope to see you there
what kind of riding is it???

Old 10-11-2002, 05:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol

ok ok ok
pvtcowboy, i know where you where,,,,,ill be there on saturday. You are correct,,,,very fast,,,,,all kind of power lines that go everywhere,,,,literally....
The sand pit that you speak of,,,,pretty sure i know it.
Are you familiar with Mason Lake area? How about Lake Trask?

Old 10-11-2002, 05:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol

oh yeah (also,,, rode at tahuya last weekend for 1st time)
ummmm,,,,tahuya, they say, is the place to be when it gets wet....and i guess there is some good mud there too.....
Last weekend we did the Tahuya River trail,,,,like 20 miles,,,,kind of boring and tight at times,,,a bit rooty,,but it opened up towards the end,,and was able to just bounce the bike off the high spots,,,looking forward to riding the rest

Hopefully the rain has muddied it up!!

Old 10-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys
hey i am new to quads and dont know much about them and rightnow my quad is broken.....if anget free time and and wanna give me a hand feel free to call me 425-879-2045 but i have called my other buddies to see if they can help me also but i wanna try to meet up with you guys on sunday!!!
i go tjuice but like no spark!
i just wanna ride man...

Old 10-13-2002, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

tech tip if you getthis msg early morning give me a call 425-879-2045 i am leaving my house around 7am which is up in lakestevens i will have a 1997 jetta with trailer
yellow 01 with nerf bars
call me if you get this....

Old 10-13-2002, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

i missed this thread.... but since my quad is widened, it has a tough time at belfair.

i need to get some seat time in on my quad in the next two weekends... thinking about going to Beverly dunes or Horn Rapids ORV for a day ride.... yeah it's a little longer trip than going to a local place like tahuya or reiter... but i need to make sure i didn't screw up the jetting too bad before i hammer on it on 11/3.

Old 10-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Hey guys,
thanks for the great ride! Tech, keep me posted on your buddy,,I hope he comes through allright!

As dual-sporter said, "wide isnt good in Belfair"

I never thought I would be carrying a 400ex across a bridge sideways,,,,oh well?

Keep in touch,,,and let me know when ridin time is....

BigHonda,,,,please get some Renthals,,,,I hope your back is ok,,,,those stockers look as though they're killin you!!!

Quick Reply: Puget sound ride on Sat? 10/14