Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

ps my name is don

Old 12-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live near Smithville will probably get an 03 Z400 very soon and am interested in hooking up with others in the KC area at locations that are legal. My primary concern about getting the machine is that I will get tired of trailering 2 hrs. plus to ride enough to justify. What are the best (and closest) legal areas that you are aware of?
thanks,
Terry

Old 12-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

terry , the closest place to ride ive found is merwin . its a hour and twenty minutes from lees summit . the next place is st joe . then deepwater , then finger lakes . that about all i know of . little sahara is 6 hrs from me .

Old 12-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

That is very helpful, I really appreciate the information. When you say St. Joe are you referring to St. Joseph, MO (Knobby .....?? something or other near the river if I remember correctly) or are you referring to a St. Joes riding area somewhere else? It seems that I saw a posting that suggested the riding area in St. Joseph, MO might be closed now, but I'm not sure if it is or not? St. Joseph, MO would actually be the closest place for me, but I just need to get more info. on that place.
Also, how would you rank Merwin, Finger Lakes, St. Joe, and Deepwater in terms of your riding preference (if they were all equal distance)? Just trying to get a handle on the places that I should prioritize to get to first.
Thanks again for your help and hopefully I'll be on the trails with you soon.

Old 12-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

They are refering to St. Joe over near Flat River missouri. Don't forget about the Chadwick riding area. It's only 2 hours south of Deepwater. It has a bunch more trails than Deepwater. Some of them are very challenging.

Old 12-18-2002, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

For info on st. joe's or fingerlakes go here www.mostateparks.com

Old 12-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

in st joe i was refering to knobby hill . i have not been to the state park . i have heard it has alot of good riding also . dang i did forget about chadwick . chadwick is fun also but is hard on tires . i would have to say that i like finger lakes the best . moberlys track is pretty good , no trails , merwin lots of trails , small mx track (i mean small ) , st joe mx track (knobby hill )is rough but good , have not been to st joe state park , chadwick lots of trails and rocks , deepwater ok trails lots of mud . i like to go as much as possible . if anyone goes next year after april well have to hook up . its good to see more atvs around the area . crap forgot . grain valley sand drags and once a year they open the track for four wheelers . i think its practice for 3 15 min times . not long but real close . Don

Old 12-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

The sand drags in grain valley are now open yearround for bikes and atvs. Been there alot to watch and let my daughter race her 250ex. If you have not been there before its a blast, you'll see all kinds of tricked out banshees and such there. I know the family that runs it, couldn't ask for a nicer bunch. Donzilla, you should take your zilla and run it there. Check out their site.... Thunder Valley Sanddrags

Old 12-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

i will next year . its in the more chromeing stage and new plastic and seat cover right now . i know quit a few people that go . they say its fun !!!!!!have you seen josh run his banshee out there ? ive seen him run it at little sahara . da@# its fast !!!

Old 12-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know too many names of the people that ride atv's there, know more of the sand rail drivers, and the kids seeing as my daughter races there. If I can ever get rid of my yz250 and get me a banshee then I'll start racing also.

Quick Reply: Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?