Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone From Idaho?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 03:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone From Idaho?

I live in Idaho near the St. Anthony sand Dunes, and near the Kelly Canyon Ski Resort. The Sand Dunes are awsome and people come from all over to ride there. The mountains provide some really great trails as well. Idaho is fairly ATV friendly. I'm alway looking for new places to ride, and if any of you are from this area let me know if you have some good trails, or areas that I can explore if your not from this area and you plan on comming over then let me know and I can try and steer you in the right direction. I'm fairly new to the forum, so I don't know if there are many here from the area. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2002, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

No, but I'd like to ride those mountains!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

I'm down in pocatello

idaho has alot of different riding conditions so it makes ATVing alot of fun here.

Old 12-07-2002, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hello from the great white north. I live in Kellogg. We usually have alot of snow by now, but this year we are still able to ride anywhere we want. The very tops of the mountains have about 4 inches of snow. If you are looking for some great riding, look at silvercountry.com, it is all about the area around Kellogg and Wallace.

Old 12-08-2002, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer

I live in Idaho Falls. Besides the dunes we ride alot in the Birch creek area. It is on the other side of mud lake on the way to salmon. It is only about an hour from I.F. There is a trail that starts at Eight Mile Caynon that is a blast. It takes you up to a lake called pass creek lake and the trails are every where. Another fun place is near Swan Valley. You take the snake river road and follow it till your first right. You drive up that canyon for a mile or two and you will see lots of trails. Most of them are well maintained and alot of fun. Good Luck!

Old 12-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

I have never been up birch creek way, and i keep hearing about it. I will have to try it out thanks.

Old 12-09-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I live and race here in idaho, Here is a link to some of our pics

http://seven13.home.mindspring.com/

Old 12-11-2002, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

NICE PICTURES. that looks fun!

Old 12-20-2003, 05:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MadDog1096
The mountains provide some really great trails as well. Idaho is fairly ATV friendly. I'm alway looking for new places to ride, and if any of you are from this area let me know if you have some good trails, or areas that I can explore if your not from this area and you plan on comming over then let me know and I can try and steer you in the right direction. I'm fairly new to the forum, so I don't know if there are many here from the area. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Anybody have any ideas on good places to riiiiiiiiiiiiide

Old 12-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

There are lots of places here in the eastern part of the state. We have ridden around kelly canyon, St.Anthonys, Falls Valley and some of our favorites are the eight mile canyon area, the ride down McHenries creek and back up McCoy creek is great scenery is super too. Also tons of riding by the old Hahn town site and area near Gilmore. We have camped and rode near Spencer, camp grounds there are ATV friendly and miles of maintained trails. Planning on riding Copper Basin and Wallace area this next summer. When we are pressed for time we just go ride in the lava pits just east of Idaho Falls lots of trails and challenging climbs. Idaho is great there are more trails within 2 hours of where we live than you could ride in a year of weekends.

Quick Reply: Anyone From Idaho?