Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tell me your best Idaho and Montana trails.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 05:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me your best Idaho and Montana trails.

See if we can't BUMP this up and get some more info on Idaho

Old 01-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

There are miles and miles of trails near Spencer and Kilgore Idaho. I have ridden nearly everything near Stoddard creek we are going to start trying the trails near Kilgore this year. Great camp ground at Stoddard real ATV friendly but the trails arn't real technical there are some good climbs in a few areas. Some of the trails betwen Kilgore and Duboise are tougher according to some friends of ours. Also lots of trails in the Big Hole range and Falls creek area.

Old 01-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

How about some more info on the jamborees.

I'm off from June 23rd to August 30th and would love to have my boys experience the fun.

Dates, places, websites, camping info? We usually tent it, so we like campgrounds with showers (or else the tent starts smelling like wet dog after a few days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] )

Thanks!

Old 01-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Cutie,

funny seeing you "over here", go back to the "other side" and I'll fill ya in. LOL

Old 01-16-2004, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

I did some trail riding up around Elk City nusome creek area theres a club up in that area that helps mantain the trails and they are great!
Theres a small sand dune area in Weiser ID about 80 to 100 acres lots of fun .

Old 01-16-2004, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Outlawlawndragster
I did some trail riding up around Elk City nusome creek area theres a club up in that area that helps mantain the trails and they are great!
Theres a small sand dune area in Weiser ID about 80 to 100 acres lots of fun .
is that the sand at fairwell bend on the north side of the river? I thought of stopping there. not sure where to cross the river?

Old 02-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

hey, elk city all the way. you could go a week and not hit all the trails. i spend almost every weekend of the summer up there, and i know the trails like the back of my hand. awsome place. i live close to the area and have no problem bein a tour guide. when in the area, dont forget to bring your chain saw.

Old 02-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer

Sharpie, what are the roads like getting to Elk City? Paved or gravel? How difficult would you rate the trails? Are these trails aroad that jeeps can travel or actual "atv" width trails? Can Elk City be accessed from the Montana side or do I have to go around to White Bird
thanks
idahopraire

Old 02-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

magruder pass from elk city to montana. 113 miles gravel road. I traveled through there last summer. not a bad road if you have about 5 hours to travel it. I think the sign said it takes like 10 or 12 hours. its not that long. road is paved into elk city. there is a nice hot spring in there to. sorry for butting in.

Old 02-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

to get to elk city from montana i would head over the lolo pass onto highway 12 to kooskia, then turn onto highway 13 and follow it to where highway 14 begins. then just follow 14 the rest of the way up. roads paved, and theres 12 miles in the middle of the trip that is narrow, but on both sides of that the road is great. if your in south i would follow highway 95 north to grangeville, then hit 13 down to 14. jsut get a map and decide what shorter. i've never been on the gravel road that goes over to montana, but i do know if your pullin a trailer then i would definantly not reccomend it. the sceney is great. i would guess that its about 3 and a half hours from montana, but thats jsut a guess. as for the trails, you have everything. theres old logging roads (easiest) which are nice and wide, there are some trails you could get a jeep on(also easy trails), but it would be a tight squeeze, but for the most part the trails are narrow, some are tight for my foreman. there are some tough trails that are still a challenge for me, mostly the un-maintained ones. any trail that is maintained i would say are medium difficulty. almost every time i go on a trail ride up there i end up sawing at least one tree out of the trail. most of my favorite trails are ones that i discovered by mistake, so if you ever get the chance, explore.

Quick Reply: Tell me your best Idaho and Montana trails.