Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tell me your best Idaho and Montana trails.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me your best Idaho and Montana trails.

I live near Twin Falls in southern idaho. My wife and I will be taking 10 days to drive up through the panhandle and then down through western Montana in June. If you have a great trail please let me know so we can make sure and ride it. We enjoy technical trails more than anything.
thanks

Old 01-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I am curious as well!!!

Old 01-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

The Murphy to silver city trail (THE BACK WAY) IS a good all day ride with some more technical spots as well as just trail.

Old 01-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I like to go up to stanley area and take the loon creek trail. It is fun and somewhat technical to ride and goes through some very pretty areas. Another one is to go to The Yankee Fork dredge through the back way. I have done that ride and it is about 50 miles one way but very much worth it. The turn off is about 17 miles one the boise side of Highway 21 at the bradley boyscout turnoff. North side of the road. go back until you see the pinion peak turn off and go from there it is real great.

Old 01-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

thanks natertot. I've already run that trail in my jeep, I used to guide in that area. The tin cup cutoff at the diamd d ranch below pineon peak is ok too. What i'm looking for is a trail similar to the boulder city trail near ketchum. I did the trail in my jeep and it was TOUGH!!! Doing the trail on the atv was still wild. If you've never done that trail let me know, we may have to hook up and run it.

thanks again

Old 01-09-2003, 04:07 AM
Trailblazer

up near Fairfield there are some great places to ride. well right now they are even better places to snowmachine.

I have also ridden alot in the hills south of Twin Falls. I even seen some 4 wheelers up near magic ski area a couple weeks ago when I went up there to snow machine.

Soda Springs has a few really nice places to run 4 wheelers and snowmachines.
Here around Pocatello we have some pretty good places to ride as well.

we're lucky to live in a state that still appreciates the outdoorsman

Old 01-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]When you come through the panhandle, check out the areas around the Silver Valley. I believe Silvercountry.com still has maps available for atvs. We have miles and miles of trails and the maps rate them for difficulty. The only problem with riding in June is some of the trails are still full of snow in the higher elevations.

Old 01-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I stand corrected, apparently silvercountry doesn't have a web site anymore. Try highmountainatv.org to order a map. Look in the general atv info at the bottom of the page.

Old 01-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

We will be having Pocker runs that time of year.Most are put on by one of the local Lake resorts (they treat us very good)we also put some on ( Flathead ATV lose nit club of about 25 ) Most of the poker runs are very sicnic rides with some technical spots to.Most start at Lake Merry Ronan (spelling?) witch is west of Lake Flathead not to far from Kalispel.

Old 01-18-2003, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

Wallace is a nice place to ride. We've been to their jamborees and the trails are awesome. highmountainatv.org is where you can get some info on trails. The palisades area east of Idaho Falls is nice also.

Quick Reply: Tell me your best Idaho and Montana trails.